What Size A Frame Ladder?

Discussion in 'Traditional Window Cleaning' started by paulio, Jul 10, 2013.

Advertisement
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums.
    Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

1. paulio

paulio Active Member

Hi guys. I'm Looking to buy a double A frame ladder but not sure what size to go for. At the moment i use a normal open ended extension ladder which is 10 rungs i believe. its been okay for me 99% of the time, but lately i'm picking up more houses with the little slanted roofs under the first floor windows that i cant get to with the normal ladder.

what size A frames do you guys use? Would a 13 rung double "A" be long enough? that seems to be the biggest on midland ladders.

Cheers Paul.

Advertisement
  2. tench0771

tench0771 Grand Master

i would keep ur small ladder an buy a 30 ft pole an back pack, wfp the high stuff m8. or if u dont like wfp buy a triple extender at least u no it will b big enough an u dont have 2 use the hole thing take a section off .

3. jimbob

jimbob Well-Known Member

i have a 3m tripple and a 3.1 meter double on my van and i use the double for 95% of the ladder work i do it will reach gutters or stretch over sloped roofs but as tench said might be worth getting a little wfp system for the more difficult windows and just beg a bit of water off another windy rather than making your own

4. tench0771

tench0771 Grand Master

if u have soft water u only need di i have dubble 6.8 liter di set up very cheep defo start with back pack an 5 25 l drums then if u get on with it u will start wfp in more an more an end up wanting a tank system u need to buy a tds meater test ur water mine is 70 ish ppm so no need for ro .

5. paulio

paulio Active Member

Yea I know the WFP route is there but not really wanting to get into it just yet. Just after some advice on the size of A frames people use really.

6. tench0771

tench0771 Grand Master

ive never used an a fraim m8 so ant got a clue my ladder is in need of replacement soon so may try one, my m8 loves his said he would never go bk to normal again.

7. paulio

paulio Active Member

Yea heard the same from a local windy here, can't say enough good things about his A frame.

8. mufcglen

mufcglen Well-Known Member

silly question but why do you guys think theyre better,are they easier to put and up and stabilise or something?

Advertisement