what size di after ro?

Discussion in 'Water Fed Pole Cleaning' started by Dragbag, Aug 13, 2016.

Advertisement
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums.
    Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

1. Dragbag

Dragbag Active Member

was looking at getting the collinswaterproducts 450 gpd ro, but not sure what size di to put after it? ( was looking on daqua hi doug :hehehe:) or the different types of resin MB-115 or MB-111 and dose it mater. im going to produce small amounts of pure, and put the pure in a water butt in the garage, prob a 220 l butt. then into barrels. and start off using the car. but when i move hopefully have a garage then ibc tank....and then get a van...

Advertisement
  2. Den

Den Forum Addict

Don't bother with a 10" vessel you will be changing the resin every three to four weeks i now use a 11.7 litre still going strong after two months I use between 200 and 300 litres a day 4 days a week.

3. spruce

spruce Grand Master

I would suggest that it has much to do with the tds of your tap water and how much water you plan to use a day.

If the tap water is hard then the pure produced will had a higher ppm than the same r/o used with softer water.

If your water is 320ppm at the tap and your r/o is 97% efficient then the pure water out of the r/o would be about 10ppm.
    If your water is 120ppm then your pure output will be 4ppm using the same r/o. So your resin usage will be more in the hard water area as the resin will have more work to do polishing off the remainder.

The Window Cleaning Warehouse have kindly included a resin calculator which should give you a rough idea of how much resin will be used to polish of the remaining impurities in the water you have produced.

Resin Calculator

So according to the calculator using 350 liters of pure a day 5 days a week, a 25 liter bag of resin should last you 47 weeks polishing off 10ppm of water.
    If you decided on a 6.5 liter di vessel then at this rate you would change the resin every 3 months along with your prefilter changes.

If the pure was 4 ppm then the same bag would last 2 years and 3 months approximately meaning you would change your resin every 6 or 7 months.

PureFreedom sell a 6.5 liter di vessel with their large 4040 r/o setup so would be more than adequate for the job. Its also easier to replace the resin in a smaller vessel than in a much bigger one IMPO.

I would start off with MB115 resin as that is the most popular and works with most water types. I doubt its worth the cost of getting the cations and anions in your tap water professionally analysed to see if MB111 is the better resin for you to use due to the costs involved. Its only window cleaning after all - its not water that needs to be chemically pure to be used by Nasa.

-

4. Dragbag

Dragbag Active Member

yea..high tds 390 ish

Advertisement