What size liquidator for residential?

Discussion in 'Traditional Window Cleaning' started by RichieRich, Apr 30, 2016.

Advertisement
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums.
    Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

1. RichieRich

RichieRich Member

I want to get myself a liquidator for general residential trad work. I only do bungalows. Should I get 10,12 or 14"?

Cheers :)

Advertisement
  2. David K

David K Forum Addict

i dont have liquidator but normally Roll with 4 sizes . A 45-35-20-15 cm . Guessing at least a couple of sizes should be relevant . :)

3. Clisty1989

Clisty1989 Forum Addict

I use a 14 and can do 90% of windows with no problems, 12 would work too

4. rugbywolf

rugbywolf Forum Addict

Best get the 14 inch, then you can cut it down if you want. Personally, I go with 12 inch on houses.

5. Guido Possum

Guido Possum Active Member

#5 Guido Possum, Apr 30, 2016
    Last edited: Apr 30, 2016
    Is it just me finds it irritating they only come in 10, 12 and 22 inch?

I'm taking a Wagtail with 12" liquidator today but I usually use a contour pro+ w/ 40cm channel: 12" is a bit small for shopfronts, while 22" is too big for some frames.

I'd switch to liquidators is they came in a decent range of sizes.

6. daveyboy

daveyboy Legend

I have a 10 14 18 and 22 liquidator all available in those sizes off the shelf and a 5.5 i cut down myself

10, 12, 14, and 18 i would use regularly on domestic work
    A 12 would do most stuff but i like to use whichever size is most relevant for each window

7. boarcity

boarcity Guest

for a few yrs i found a 13inch -ISH squeegee worked great on council houses [smaller windows] . i carefully cut down a 14 to just a fraction Under 13 inches . 13 exactly may have been unlucky up the ladders, who knows, I DARE NOT RISK IT

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • List
  8. boarcity

boarcity Guest

Kind of got into the unlucky 13 superstition many yrs ago. i lived on an American airbase and there were no houses on the estate with the number 13 .

my old dad was very superstitious too, new shoes on the table were forbidden and if you didnt draw your curtains meant thered been a death in the family. bit ridiculous that

Advertisement