Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

What would you do?

WCF

Help Support WCF:

JBC88

Hi

I clean windows on a new build siteam with wfp and I know at least two other cleaners have customers on site but they only do glass not frames and doors.

I'm thinking of posting flyers advertising that I do all frames glass doors etc and put my price on too. I'm quite confident I will gain a good amount of customers from it because I'm not the dearest cleaner out there. But if I do the other cleaners stand to lose out.

What would you do?

If your trying to undercut them your asking for trouble, however if your charging the same or more than they are it's a competitive market. Just don't specifically target the houses do the whole estate. I doubt you'll get many as from experience customers tend to be loyal. If they change to you be wary as they'll probably drop you as soon as someone cheaper comes along

If your trying to undercut them your asking for trouble, however if your charging the same or more than they are it's a competitive market. Just don't specifically target the houses do the whole estate. I doubt you'll get many as from experience customers tend to be loyal. If they change to you be wary as they'll probably drop you as soon as someone cheaper comes along
No I would never knowingly undercut but i still think i am cheaper in general anyway. Ive worked out my overheads etc and I reckon if I can charge by time instead of windows I can charge less but still make good profit IF I can get enough customers.

Also Clisty

Yeah I know customers tend to be loyal I'm glad they are but I think we are conditioned to compare everything we get these days like gas broadband tv etc. So if people can get better service for same or less money surely it's a no brainer.

With all the thousands of houses out there, why even bother. Just drop the whole street and move on the the next.

if you get any flack from the other windies just say to them "i seeee you....... i seee you " ,theyll reply ,"wot the furk does that mean ?

tell them its a famous line from the film Predator

[media]

[/media]

Last edited:
What is all this **** about not undercutting !!

Are we in business or not ?

Also any w/ c not cleaning frames does not deserve to keep the job .. Take the street by storm

Wen I first started. I went to a new estate and got some houses

Another cleaner approached me sayin it's his patch

I said I'm here too now. He got huffy. I warned what would happen if he took that approach with me

My response to his approach with bad attitude was to canvas every house In the place I didn't do and offer to do it miles cheaper . Like a lot lol.

I had a guy try to intimidate me on a new build estate (it was new back then lol) that is my best area

I point blank told him he needs to be a bit bigger than he is if he thinks that is gonna work on me

We now get on and pass each other work haahaa

No I would never knowingly undercut but i still think i am cheaper in general anyway. Ive worked out my overheads etc and I reckon if I can charge by time instead of windows I can charge less but still make good profit IF I can get enough customers.
when I changed to WFP did,int have to put prices up ,I was getting through the graft so much quicker

I had a guy try to intimidate me on a new build estate (it was new back then lol) that is my best areaI point blank told him he needs to be a bit bigger than he is if he thinks that is gonna work on me

We now get on and pass each other work haahaa
yeh davey makes all the difference if you can get on

Don't be a thug either anyone has a problem and r lookin to go. Just whip the phone out call the cops. U soon see them back off. And after all if like me ur in a sign writing van and logo and all u can't be seen havin a scuff with the local beer boys. Don't look good on yer business

I wouldt hesitate ! I have made a specific flyer saying " windowcleaning with frames incl."

Dosnt matter if there other cleaners in the area , because if they dont provide the extended service i do , they must go !

Pricewise im in the high of my market . So no undercutting here . " Just a matter of supply and demand " /emoticons/wink.png

i got asked yesterday if i could just do glass only and knock £2 off lol, never been asked before. why would you want manky frames to save £2 from a tenner o_O

There's a guy near me that has variable prices on his website- bronze, silver, gold. They can put for the gold service any week they want it. Personally I would rather charge for a gold service everytime, otherwise it's just another opportunity for people to get tight and mess with your day.

Back