Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

How Do You Change Your Resin?

petehughesy

Been cleaning windows with water fed for a few years so this night be a silly question but in the past instead of changing all my 25ltr resin for my new 25ltr bag or resin I've sort of emptied half and topped it up with the new stuff till it comes out at 0.00 and then keep doing the same, does any body else do this? Or do you just change the whole lot? My resin is at 0.20 at the moment so I'm guna change it for the new stuff tomorrow but I don't know wether to do the whole lot or just add abit of the new resin to get it down to 0.00.

Apologise if I make know sence :)

i only use a 1lt di with my ro, i just throw the lot of it and put new in each time.

if you only change half of it im guessing you would use more doing it that way. best change the lot each time.

I use 2 DI's when tds goes up I put all new resin in one then let the water goe though the other & rotate when happens again which isn't often, but I Supose that depends on your ppm & how much water you use.

My dad use to do a bit of window cleaning n he disagrees with me & just tips a bit out & tops it up lol

I use 2 DI's when tds goes up I put all new resin in one then let the water goe though the other & rotate when happens again which isn't often, but I Supose that depends on your ppm & how much water you use.
thats what most people do when using twin di's.

Change the lot. But use old resin to pre filter my 34ppm tap water before it reaches van.
What a top idea!! I use tap to RO in van into tank out of tank through di and out of pole, so I could go tap ,di (old resin) tank, through di out of pole?

I'm lucky to have such low water tds so no ro and wasted water and time for me. I change my resin when it gets to 005. That's if shaking it around doesn't lower it but generally on the spectrum pressure vessels it doesn't matter as it uses the resin better.

I don't like to just throw it away and using it this way makes resin in van last longer.

Been cleaning windows with water fed for a few years so this night be a silly question but in the past instead of changing all my 25ltr resin for my new 25ltr bag or resin I've sort of emptied half and topped it up with the new stuff till it comes out at 0.00 and then keep doing the same, does any body else do this? Or do you just change the whole lot? My resin is at 0.20 at the moment so I'm guna change it for the new stuff tomorrow but I don't know wether to do the whole lot or just add abit of the new resin to get it down to 0.00.

020ppm that is very high, huge risk of spotting.

Back to your answer, your resin will last longer by doing what you are doing. This is what I found when doing the exact same I got few more 1000 litres.

Back