What sort of area do you live / work in?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat & Introductions' started by jamiesmack, May 12, 2015.

Advertisement
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums.
    Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

1. jamiesmack

jamiesmack Active Member

I live in a fairly rural area with a two main towns of about 15,000 people relatively nearby, and a few small villages dotted around. Do you think you need to live in a more densely populated area to build up a decent round?

I'm probably just over thinking everything as usual but its just the way my brain works (or doesn't :whistle:) I just want to feel confident in what I'm doing before jacking the job in ! :eek:

Advertisement
  2. cheapncheerful

it defo helps to be surrounded by loadsa houses for building rounds faster..I used to have to get rid of two rounds a year when I was younger..

but now out in the sticks, two local villages around 9000 and a lot of rural jobs...slower although...got enough to keep me going..and you never know whats around the corner..:D

and of course the green hedges and trees all help.

3. Smurf

Smurf Banned

You need to sit down and work out how much you need to earn.
    Then work out you pricing structure.
    From that you can work out roughly how many regular customers you need to give you a target to aim for.

Then get out there and knock doors

The average one man band would have about 3-4oo regular monthly customers on their books. Anymore than that you will struggle to offer a regular quality service.

• Like Like x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
    • List
  4. boarcity

boarcity Guest

if theres others seriously working your area you might need to offer something different . look into this and do it from the start

5. Natty1972

Natty1972 Forum Addict

Quality over quantity .... I've learnt that the hard way . Don't undercharge yourself ..

6. jamiesmack

jamiesmack Active Member

To be honest boarcity , I've only ever seen one window cleaner working in my town, and that's because he cleans my work at the minute! I know that I am probably in work most of the day so don't tend to see them, but I haven't even seen any vans driving round or anything. I have never had anyone knock my door to offer window cleaning, and neither have any of the others on my estate that I have spoken to.

They must be there somewhere :)

7. Natty1972

Natty1972 Forum Addict

Bud ,around my area there are a lot of estate cars with ladders on the roof ... In one local town there is a bmw with ladders on top ......

8. jamiesmack

jamiesmack Active Member

well, he must be doing alright for himself anyway :eek:

9. Smurf

Smurf Banned

I just use me top box :D

lambo.jpg

• Funny Funny x 5
    • Like Like x 2
    • List
  10. boarcity

boarcity Guest

id do an online search,thatll tell you the basics and get the going rate prices after a ring round . to be honest even if the area is being canvassed theres always someone who doesnt like the current offering -which is where u step in , keen to do a good job ,not jaded

Advertisement