Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

What to charge for a conservatory roof ?

harry123

On average what would you charge just looking for a rough price I know it all depends on the size of conservatory if it’s awkward and other factors but if you could just throw me some numbers I’d be grateful. Cheers.

Work off your hourly rate ,  so say £40 an hour , takes 3hours £120, 

i dont bother with £2 a window stuff , Longs I am happy with hourly rate that’s all what matters 

This was a full conservatory clean I did the other day, that includes all uPVC, windows and roof. It took me 1.5 hours, I charged £90. 

You also need to check how dirty it is, this one wasn't that bad, if it was I would have charged an extra £25

IMG_20190411_164038.jpg

Like others I go off my hourly rate so £40 for the hours work, some customer service find that a hard pill to swallow but if they asked elsewhere I know they would get hit harder! 

A safe bet with any conny roof is to have a minimum charge of £100 and after that work off £10 a panel (for the outsides)

insides i wouldn’t even go there be like a sweat box in summer and i cant stand working in smokers houses or people who have the heating on, clutter everywhere etc, + its just a general pita.

the lean to types with easy slanted panels no finials etc take a lot less time if kept clean regularly so whatever seems appropriate depending on how dirty they are and number of panels. Dont forget to not only clear out the conny gutters but to scrub the inside of them otherwise they'll look out the bedroom window phone you and next thing you know you're making a repeat journey to scrub the inside of the gutters some people are anal about these things. Personally see no point as no-one ever looks inside the gutter but i do it just to prevent these issues because i wanna go home have my dinner in peace not be sailing out at rush hour to put something right for someone whos fussy. 

I've got one tomorrow, I said £80 to £100 customer is fine with that.  I said it's hard to judge how long it will take until I get up on the ladders.  This is for a good regular customer so I don't want to overcharge if it's more straightforward.  If it was a new customer then I'd just say £100.  I have estimated it will take about 1.5 to 2 hours.

Not done any glass ones yet.  Generally though I just go by the £10 per panel rule, it seems to work out about right.  That includes counting the smaller corner panels as 1 panel.

Like others I go off my hourly rate so £40 for the hours work, some customer service find that a hard pill to swallow but if they asked elsewhere I know they would get hit harder! 
if i earned £40 an hour for an add on job id feel dejected and downhearted,i earn more cleaning regular window cleaning jobs that are much easier to clean.....for me ive got to price them up with the aim of earning £60-£80 an hour or i wont take them on because

1.they are much harder work!

2.they disrupt my regular window cleaning schedule

I fully understand if you have plenty of customers windows that conservatory roofs would not be 'a nice little earner', but when you're starting out with very little customers (less than 100) well they're great for boosting your income giving much needed extra funds.  Take for example yesterday, my roof clean ended up being 3 hours, real pita, absolutely knackered, but it was £100, so yeah maybe went an hour longer, yeah bit tired but after a brew and reflection I've just got an extra £100, the equivalent of about 4 or 5 window cleans.

I think from now on though I'm going to charge £100 starting price.  Once you get on the ladders you see loads of dirt everywhere that is not noticed at ground level.

For me the biggest problem is using a bloody ladder, I'm going to see if I can find a platform scaffold thingy, it would make the job a lot less strenuous and more enjoyable, even if it didn't make it any faster if it was less demanding on the legs and joints and less chance of breaking an ankle then I'd be happy.

my roof clean ended up being 3 hours, real pita, absolutely knackered, but it was £100, so yeah maybe went an hour longer, yeah bit tired but after a brew and reflection I've just got an extra £100, the equivalent of about 4 or 5 window cleans.
How many apprentices earn £100 in 2 days, never mind in half a day, your earning good money and learning at the same time. Your attitude about earning what you can, when you can is absolutely spot on as well.

I fully understand if you have plenty of customers windows that conservatory roofs would not be 'a nice little earner', but when you're starting out with very little customers (less than 100) well they're great for boosting your income giving much needed extra funds.  Take for example yesterday, my roof clean ended up being 3 hours, real pita, absolutely knackered, but it was £100, so yeah maybe went an hour longer, yeah bit tired but after a brew and reflection I've just got an extra £100, the equivalent of about 4 or 5 window cleans.

I think from now on though I'm going to charge £100 starting price.  Once you get on the ladders you see loads of dirt everywhere that is not noticed at ground level.

For me the biggest problem is using a bloody ladder, I'm going to see if I can find a platform scaffold thingy, it would make the job a lot less strenuous and more enjoyable, even if it didn't make it any faster if it was less demanding on the legs and joints and less chance of breaking an ankle then I'd be happy.
i agree mate.......BUT what are you doing using ladders?most conny roofs can be cleaned from the ground......the odd time you might have to pole one side from a ladder but only on the odd 1 or 2.....

Don't do them any more rather clean windows did loads of these no money in them.
I agree. I aint been going long, but ive done enough to know I dont really wanna know. Maybe the odd exception. Or, like some say, charge way over what windows get. They are so knackering, and Im no spring chicken anymore, so. Anyhow. before wfp what did they all do? Trend is for roofs being put on the connys. look much better, and you dont bake alive inside the bloomin thing.

i agree mate.......BUT what are you doing using ladders?most conny roofs can be cleaned from the ground......the odd time you might have to pole one side from a ladder but only on the odd 1 or 2.....

I must be unlucky, the ones I've had so far have needed ladders due to not having enough space to get the angle required.  The one yesterday was a 4 side apex and one side was angled back towards the house, although I've just realised I could have done one side from the ground, doh   :1f602:

I've yet to come across a conny that puts me at a reasonable enough height to reach the back end of it with the pole and see clearly. I don't like ladders and still can't make up my mind about my telescopic one lol but I'd rather use a ladder and make my life easier than struggle. Talking of which i used it twice today - A-frame position and was sat on top of it sideways lol. To be fair, it did the job quite well.. shame the sodding yellow stuff (linchen?) didn't all shift off the glass but 80-90% did shift. Snag is that those two velux windows took me hours... two flaming windows.. the rest were a doddle - even the overgrown ones.

The first conny of the day was also a gutters, soffits / fascias job too. Charged just under sixty quid.. took 2.5 hours. I was ****ed at the end of that lol. I definitely didn't charge enough but on the positive side, i sweated out tons of body weight lol.

On ebay I did see a folding telescopic platform a few weeks back. Fits in the back of a van, telescopes up into a mini scaffold tower. Might be a pain to get through the garden gate and past all the flower pots though lol

Quoted a roof today thought it would take me about an hour and half as I have only just started (3weeks). Told her £40 Was to much she said
Bloke did it 2 years ago plus the windows £20. I told her to ring him

Quoted a roof today thought it would take me about an hour and half as I have only just started (3weeks). Told her £40 Was to much she said
Bloke did it 2 years ago plus the windows £20. I told her to ring him
£10 a panel so 10 roof panels no matter what size to a point and that will cover you for all the plastic the guttering and doing the windows as well, glass roofs are more work and it's always good to give a rinse down with a garden hose as greater flow then a final rinse with pure water

On average what would you charge just looking for a rough price I know it all depends on the size of conservatory if it’s awkward and other factors but if you could just throw me some numbers I’d be grateful. Cheers.
I know this post was quite some time back but I thought it was worth mentioning what we do,
We have been cleaning conservatories every day since 2006 with up to 4 teams at one point.
The basic external we charge is £350 and obviously more as they get bigger. This is the same for an internal. Discounted for an internal and external at the same time.
We see our time as money and we offer a full service and dep clean of the conservatory when cleaning so that the customer is getting his monies worth. We only do one job a day saving on fuel, set up and pack up time if you are doing multiple windows of cheaper conservatory cleans. Its like anything if you give a good service and a bespoke result they will return. Most of our customers come back to us every 2- 3 years to have this carried out.
We are due to put our prices up come October.
I know most guys would not ask this price but we win most we quote and the ones we loose to the £120 cleans normally ask for a re quote the following year so i guess it wasn't such a good clean due to the guys having to go off to another job to earn the full days money.

Why not try it the next time you are asked and book the day out to do this and do a full top to bottom Valet?

Back