Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

SpaceVac

WCF

Help Support WCF:

I've never used a vac Sam,but I know a few on here have commented that the time it takes to set up you'd be as quick doing some smaller gutter jobs with a ladder.

I just got that ladder m8, it's rock solid btw. So a safe and fast thing to use if doing gutters by ladder..especially this time of year.

Check out pro gutter tools, cheap and handy selection.

I've never used a vac Sam,but I know a few on here have commented that the time it takes to set up you'd be as quick doing some smaller gutter jobs with a ladder.
I just got that ladder m8, it's rock solid btw. So a safe and fast thing to use if doing gutters by ladder..especially this time of year.

Yeah they are really expensive. Have you got a van mount system yet, or are you still using the backpack?

I'm still trad believe it or not. Was still building and adjusting a lot in autumn, and tried employing but all far too soon.

So ive always cleaned frames but am now washing them down with a bucket and sponge so when go wfp (hopefully in spring now) I won't spend so long per house on first cleans/less chance of dirty runs etc

I'm still trad believe it or not. Was still building and adjusting a lot in autumn, and tried employing but all far too soon.
So ive always cleaned frames but am now washing them down with a bucket and sponge so when go wfp (hopefully in spring now) I won't spend so long per house on first cleans/less chance of dirty runs etc
I am going to go trad as well, keep it simple and low cost at the start, see how it goes. This tool and a ladder would do grand as well. Build the business up with the basics. Thanks Chris /emoticons/smile.png

Are these the ladders you got LYTE ELT230 ? You used the gardiner backpack on that gym at the start, could you have done it trad with the ladder though?

Aye the 230s are a great set of ladders mate. And I use their smaller brother for every day use,15 footer ones.

The ELT 230 are three part ladders and you can use the first two parts as every day ladders too. Leaving third part at home if not needed.

I always use the backpack for that gym,it's on my round now. 1 x glass monthly, 1 x cladding monthly. With ladders that would take so long to do, whereas its a half hour rinse now with backpack.

Back pack is great for cladding cleans,external gutter line cleans,cladding cleans etc. As for glass,I will go van mount eventually. Backpack be too much messing about I think.

When are you gona start @sam86ni ?

Aye the 230s are a great set of ladders mate. And I use their smaller brother for every day use,15 footer ones.
The ELT 230 are three part ladders and you can use the first two parts as every day ladders too. Leaving third part at home if not needed.

I always use the backpack for that gym,it's on my round now. 1 x glass monthly, 1 x cladding monthly. With ladders that would take so long to do, whereas its a half hour rinse now with backpack.

Back pack is great for cladding cleans,external gutter line cleans,cladding cleans etc. As for glass,I will go van mount eventually. Backpack be too much messing about I think.

When are you gona start @sam86ni ?
I am going to start part time on my last few months in my current job. need to make sure i wont be deployed anywhere before i start. In the meantime waiting for Gav to be freed up to start website, what do you think of GPC - Gardiner Property Cleaning - so will have a logo along with the GPC, and then Gardiner Property Cleaning, along with the services it provides on the van or wherever I am advertising it. I think I want it generic so it catches a broad spectrum for later on in the business. By the way my name is Gardiner, it isnt after the dude that sells the wfp etc haha. So currently thinking of starting summer next year if everything goes to plan. Van signaged, with basic equipment that has been recommended on this site, website, marketing on fb through various methods, business cards, uniform and all the relevant business stuff, and guess go to where I have decided to start and start chapping! or buy a round hahaha

Skill set wise, I have no experience, but the current job will pay for courses.

Green give me this list the other day

• roof cleaning
  • roof re-coating
  • gutter clearing and cleaning
  • UPVC (back to white) restoration cleaning
  • window cleaning
  • blown / misted window replacement
  • conservatory cleaning & valeting
  • driveway / patio cleaning, re-sanding & resealing
  • decking cleaning and sealing
  • fence & garden shed cleaning and re-painting
  • render and wall cleaning
  • all softwashing and power washing

other than the blown / misted window replacement, i would want to include all these services. So going to try and get courses on them except for the blown / misted window replacement. Have found a suitable trad and wfp course recommended on our forum. If I am comfortable professionally after that i will probably go straight to chapping and facebook marketing using the methods you have used, business page, facebook ads, buy and sell sites (hopefully wont get banned) etc. chapping wise i want to use smart chapping, pinging dirty windows, tip offs, what days and time that you chap, genius chapping such as your methods, sold properties, newly built properties. Dynamic chapping, when you are cleaning someones house, try the neighbors, or maybe the street, might be more willingly than normal chapping, because they can see the work you have done and feel that their windows are inferior to their neighbors?.... ha

So much to think of, business plan in progress. Thanks to this site, errors and mistakes can easily be ironed out. Good to have a community where we can chat professionally. It is also good to see how much pride everyone on this site takes in cleaning customers properties.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back