Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

What to pay our sub-contractor to do our extra jobs like pressure washing?

WCF

Help Support WCF:

An 8 hr day on minimum wage would be £89.72.. how you will get someone to graft for 60 quid beats me.. I'm in stevenage up the road from you and would pay a lot more than that for a grafter for the day.
Thanks for your input. How much would you be paying for a grafter? 

Your options are fairly simple, you can't "sub contract" this work when you supply everything, so you either employ someone or you find a "newbie" that has their own work, equipment and van, and work on a profit margin. Please don't try and find a newbie that's desperate for work and will cut corners to try and justify a low price. With social media you will soon lose your name and reputation by doing so. If it doesn't work just walk away. Creating headaches, by being cheapskates, isn't a good long term business plan.
Thanks a lot for your reply again:)  It sounds like you know what you're doing.  Do you employ people already? What rate are you paying them compared to the average in the area locally?

Thanks a lot for your reply again:)  It sounds like you know what you're doing.  Do you employ people already? What rate are you paying them compared to the average in the area locally?
I don't employ, too much hassle for me. I use a local guy when I'm doing gutters in the Cambridge area and pay him £200 a day, which he invoices me for. A day is as long as it takes to do the work I have scheduled, might be 6 hours if gutters are clear and traffic good or 12 hours if a lot travelling involved.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back