what to use

Discussion in 'Chit Chat & Introductions' started by pcockayne, Feb 5, 2012.

Advertisement
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums.
    Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

1. pcockayne

pcockayne Guest

hello need abit of advice, at the minute i work fulltime but do window cleaning on my days off, but i will soon be made redundent and thinking of window cleaning for a living. iam looking at going the wfp system but will have to buy a van, could i have a trolley system and use that all day every day out of my car (i"m trad at the mo) whtas the pro"s and con"s of both, thanks

Advertisement
  2. Posh

Posh Hero

I am a trady so can't really comment on wfp. The one thing I would say is if you are going in the wfp route read up and learn as much as you can and take all the advice you can off the guys on here. I've just bought a backpack with a pole but at the mo that's as far as I'm going. I Spode the biggest advantage with being a trady is a bucket a ladder and a few tools in yer car and off you go. Wfp you don't need ladders but I like to be on top of my window so I can see it's clean. Do as much leafleting and door knocking as poss. It's easy to say I'll do it tomorrow but tomorrow someone else could get that customer. Going up ladders all day also keeps you fit. No hoses to drag round back gardens ESP when you gotta climb a fence. Once finished a house just chuck yer stuff in yer car and off you go. No having to wind in hoses. Also in this weather we ain't gotta worry about any of our equipment freezing ( no jokes lol). I'm sure the wfp lads will come on to also give you some advice. Good luck with it.

3. laddergarder

That is a highly debated subject have a look at this old post, there is opinions from both sides of the fence, there are advantages and disadvantages to both methods.

https://www.windowcleaningforums.co.uk/thread-655.html

4. James

James Guru

This discussion of which method is better will never end lol.

But deffinately check out the thread Ladders linked. It's all pretty much in there to be honest.

James.

5. mr shine

mr shine Guru

i have to agree with james that this debate is endless

i think its a personal choice ladder work will keep you fit but your always going to come across windows that are not accessible by ladder also a lot of people startining into this business could have very little money for wfp kit one very important difference is safety only last friday in northern ireland a window cleaner in derry city had a fall while cleaning gutters and died . i do both trad and wfp as some custies dont like the windows been left wet at least this way im not loosing work the only advice i can give you is do plenty of research and dont splash out on expensive kit until you are sure you are going into it fulltime .some advantages of wfp is facia and soffit cleans solar panels cladding and business signage cleans that can earn you good extra money and most are dangerous of ladders and a lot slower to do the job good luck anyway

6. When done correctly both are as good as each other. Just depends what way you want to work. I dont mind either and offer both, but WFP is a tad easier when working, but more hassle after hours with water filtering etc and more cost. Trad is harder while working, but cheaper in the long run.....Sup to you :)

try both before you decide

7. jambo113

jambo113 Guest

im trad but im investing in a back back or a cheap trolley for the reasons that mr shine said it means i can get every window and more variety of work plus its gota be easier for gutters

8. James

James Guru

Yeahh I think quite alot of trad winny cleaners are now getting into the WFP side, mainly because it's just that bit easier. Why make life harder than it should be?

James.

9. Posh

Posh Hero

Will be trying my backpack out in the next week or 2

10. James

James Guru

Will be waiting for updates on that Posh :(

Advertisement