Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

110 leisure battery charger

WCF

Help Support WCF:

johnny bravo

can anyone help me out , i need to pick a leisure battery charger, hopefully not toooooo expensive,

this is becoming expensive to get set up.

need to be carefull, budget . theres one on amazon @£27.99 streetwise SWIBC5 12V 3.8aMP INTELLIGENT BATTERY CHARGER,

Has anyone got one out of the local outlets like halfords or Go outdoors, or similar.

gotto start getting items next week, stressing me out tooooo much. i should be enjoying the change over.

getting too anxious is there anything i have missed in my topics that i should also get , + 110 battery

whats everyone saying that you shouldnt charge with a car battery charger, all say you will damage your leisure battery

different advice from people with experience./emoticons/sad.png

110 amp hours , not volts I'm guessing?

You'll be charging something large, it's not going to matter if it's marketed as a leisure or car charger. Stirling do amazing charges if you can splash out.

Whst you drawing off the battery?

I was just reading some of the reviews. Are some ppl that daft that they think an old knackered battery is going to take and hold a charge :confused:

This charges car and leisure.

whats everyone saying that you shouldnt charge with a car battery charger, all say you will damage your leisure batterydifferent advice from people with experience./emoticons/sad.png
A car charger will charge a leisure battery, but will not do it properly.

A leisure battery charger is designed to 'force' a little more charge into the battery. We used a car charger to begin with the leisure battery on the trailer and we had no end of issues. A leisure battery would last about 8 or 9 months. Whether it was the battery charger or exposure to the elements I don't know.

When I upgraded to a van setup nearly 7 years ago I also bought a Leisure Battery charger. The first 110 amph leisure battery lasted 3 years and the current 110 amph Numax battery will be 4 years old in January.

I bought this

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Numax-12V-10A-Leisure-Battery-Charger-Caravan-Motorhome-Marine-Boat-Mower-/200794614128?pt=UK_Campervan_Caravan_Accessories&hash=item2ec04aa970

The only thing I've done is put a drop of 3 in 1 oil on the cooling fan bearings - probably a years ago.

As an eBay Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
this charger does come with a plug fitted for indoor charging , i can get charger + 110Amp battery from same site, they also state can be picked up from local argos

this charger does come with a plug fitted for indoor charging , i can get charger + 110Amp battery from same site, they also state can be picked up from local argos
Argos are becoming the new post office. Just now you will also be able to pick up your online grocery shopping from them as well.

All depends how much you drive about though and how much work you do.

If you have a van get a split charge relay wired up and you don't need to worry about charging at all /emoticons/smile.png every time you drive it charges !!

I agree with smurf, i do some milage a week and still give my battery a boost charge every weekend with a CTEK charger, pure freedom also advise to charge once a week to keep the battery in decent condition!

i drive around 140 miles a week, local , stop work with trolley, drive , stop work.

sometimes only drive to area 2 miles away, park up. do area , onto next area. not much continuous driving.

got numax charger, the purple one. come in a plain white box, dissapointed, i was expecting the cover on box like it is advertised in sale.

seller says that is how they come from numax , the last 6 months.

the same one spruce sugested,

the 110 leisure battery has some weight in it. really suprised.

is it right you should remove the terminal covers as it can cause a fire . am i best keeping in shed untill setting up this weekend.

does anyone have any links to a variflo V11 COntroller getting connected to a Shurflo 5L/min pump

thanks for the help guys, getting a bit aprehensive and excited at the same time, hopefully good weather this weekend

If you have a van get a split charge relay wired up and you don't need to worry about charging at all /emoticons/smile.png every time you drive it charges !!
I actually worked this out once. You'll always use more power from the leisure battery than a relay can put back in mate! To maintain optimum performance & battery life you need to trickle charge the leisure battery once a week using a CTEK or similar smart charger /emoticons/smile.png

i drive around 140 miles a week, local , stop work with trolley, drive , stop work.
sometimes only drive to area 2 miles away, park up. do area , onto next area. not much continuous driving.

got numax charger, the purple one. come in a plain white box, dissapointed, i was expecting the cover on box like it is advertised in sale.

seller says that is how they come from numax , the last 6 months.

the same one spruce sugested,

the 110 leisure battery has some weight in it. really suprised.

is it right you should remove the terminal covers as it can cause a fire . am i best keeping in shed untill setting up this weekend.

does anyone have any links to a variflo V11 COntroller getting connected to a Shurflo 5L/min pump

thanks for the help guys, getting a bit aprehensive and excited at the same time, hopefully good weather this weekend
Leave the terminal covers on. The leisure batteries we have (all NUMAX) have seperate battery posts that you can bolt these to permanently. This will help you so you don't put the charger on the wrong terminals by mistake.

If you get the right size eye lugs you can also use these posts to connect your controller to. That means you don't need to use the cone shape posts. Also make sure that no metal or carbon fibre poles can drop and short across the positive and negative terminals.

i got the van mount set-up from cleaning spot, good price, im after making a double tap like jimmyboots shows in his van set-up pics. to fill my backpack up, save me using 25litre drums , as i have done in my car the last 2 years. i think the main item to learn to use correctly will be the hose reel and hose. i dont like the idea of leaving doors open, need to keep items out of site

Back