What van you got ?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat & Introductions' started by Ryan, Feb 18, 2012.

Advertisement
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums.
    Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

1. Ryan

Ryan Guest

What van you all got and how u find it ?

iv bought a peugeot partner 600xl 1.9d on a 2001 plate

Iv got a 250l tank in it could upgrade to 350 if i wanted with ease

loads of room then for all my gear as bit more.

Thought this thread be good for people looking to buy new vans and what your guys thoughts are on them :]

Advertisement
  2. neil_09

neil_09 Guest

Astra van 2004
    125 ltr system (could go to 250 but would be very tight for space.)
    All fits snug in the back with 125.
    And drives like a car.

Looking for a transit next. No trouble with room then.

3. A.K WINDOWS

berlingo van looking to add a trolley system this year hopefully:)the va is gutless tho as its the non turbo:(

4. badbusdriver

badbusdriver Guest

I have a lwb transit connect, needed a bigger payload than normal for a small(ish) van to cope with my 500ltr system (900kg on my transit). Also, the extra length means i can keep my poles inside.

Plus points; the above mentioned extra length. Reliability (no problems whatsoever, so far). Its a ford, so parts availability and servicing is never going to be a problem!.

Minus points; load bay floor is quite high for a fwd van meaning careful preparation is needed to avoid leaked water running forward into the cab!. Could use some extra torque, as with a full tank, it feels pretty flat at low revs.

I'm happy enough overall with the van, but if i could go back in time, i think i might have gone for a citroen dispatch/ fiat scudo/ peugeot expert instead. My reasons are as follows; as a design, i think the load bay is far superior to my transit because it has a much lower floor, which means more interior height, and means there is a large 'step' up from the load bay floor to the cab area. This is desirable because it means there is no danger of water spilled getting into the front, and, more importantly, there is no possibility whatsoever of the tank moving forward (passed this step) in the event of an accident. In addition, the larger 2.0 engine would go some way towards addressing my torque woes without sacrificing much economy. Finally, the 3 seats would definately come in handy at times!.

5. Matty H

Matty H Forum Addict

54 plate Renault trafic high top LWB with a 600ltr Ionic system ;)

Everything inside all poles hose reels etc, nice height I can get inside and walk about and I'm over 6ft

Purchased van with system installed - 2nd hand obviously

6. James

James Guru

Ford Transit Connect 04 Plate

500L Tank with 100 psi Shurflo pump.

My van fits all the poles I need with ease (including a 30ft SLX)

I absolutely love it!

James.

7. badbusdriver

badbusdriver Guest

A van that size certainly has its advantages, but i would find it far too big and cumbersome for some parts of my round!.

8. 2003 Astra Sportive Van, 400ltr tank no filters or ro system in van just the tank and pump. carry one 30ft pole and im On my way.

9. Matty H

Matty H Forum Addict

Yeah I can understand that if you live in an area with smaller roads etc. I live in large new town all A roads and B roads are modern easy access to new and old estates - so no probs at all.

10. James

James Guru

For a 2001 plate Astra Van that looks pretty tidy.

http://www.google.co.uk/imgres?q=2003+Astra+Sportive+Van&um=1&hl=en&client=firefox-a&sa=N&rls=org.mozilla:en-GB:eek:fficial&biw=981&bih=706&tbm=isch&tbnid=pxufC0hTYloTGM:&imgrefurl=http://motoring.friday-ad.co.uk/bristol/used-vans-and-trucks-for-sale/vauxhall/l-k-TW1381419&docid=ZVriLP-aljzv0M&imgurl=http://www.friday-ad.co.uk/PhotoAds/TW/Large/TW1462H3H.jpg&w=600&h=450&ei=jMtCT6L5OYKm0QXt9YX1Aw&zoom=1&iact=hc&vpx=111&vpy=334&dur=1856&hovh=194&hovw=259&tx=126&ty=145&sig=102807612337163943722&page=1&tbnh=160&tbnw=201&start=0&ndsp=12&ved=0CFQQrQMwBA

James.

Advertisement