Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Pump any good

Corps012588

Hi guys and gals.

Thus is the pump I've gone with to get me started from my vehicle.

Does anyone else use a pump like this and if so are they any good?

Thank you for any comments good or bad
65dfe15fcccb222f05f31f3f469b8b5c.jpg

Sent using the Window Cleaning Forums mobile app

Sorry but I bought one of those out of curiosity (only £10 new on eBay but exact same one) and it was terrible! It sounds good with the specs but it could barely even push any water through my 100m hose. And incredibly loud too! I Don't think you can skimp on the pump unfortunately. At least, I haven't found a cheap one that's adequate yet. I'd recommend shurflo 100psi 5.2 lpm for about £80

Last edited by a moderator:
I have only ever used 6mm hose to pump the water. As the inside diameter of the hose is small it will put the pump under more pressure which is why the cheaper pumps have lasted me 6-8 months. I have never had any problems with flow at brush head up to 40ft. However I guess the bigger the inside diameter of the hose ( say like a garden hose ) the pump would struggle with a good flow. Are you using a flow controller ?

If you just have a on/off switch when you turn the pump on it will be running at full speed so you will waste a lot of water and wear the pump out quicker. A pump speed controller adjusts the speed the pump works at so you have better controll of how fast the water flows out of the brush. I have never used just di to produce the water and would think it would be best if the water from the di vessel go,s straight to the tank you are going to use and the pump is just used to pump water from tank in your van / car. Some guys on here have built their own pump boxes with controllers off ebay very cheap

This is what i started out with but you can build your own much cheaper
dd8808180285c30955f7841ae8f231a0.jpg

Second image shows a speed controller more or less like what the pump box above has in it. Loads of advice on this site and people who have used these cheaper speed controllers on here
f878153ddbc4f429afbbeecf3efb34a5.jpg

That's brilliant. Thanks guys. Just hooked everything up and all is working great! Just done our Windows and the wife is over the moon. They've never been done at this house!!!!!!

Dicovered that my pump turns off at 100psi so hopefully that should save some battery.

I am so chuffed

I've used a 5lpm one of these in my PF trolley for about a year now with no problems as yet. I use a PWM controller with it and 25 meters of Gardiner's green PU hose with a 22ft pole. I've been very happy with its performance so far. I do keep a spare on board in case of breakdown on the job. If I had commercial work though I would probably stick with the Sureflo 5.2ltr pump mentioned earlier.

I'm thinking that pump I have may actually be faulty. I bought it 'new' but I remember thinking it had some marks like it had been attached to something and it had water in it. I just assumed those pumps were terrible but if everyone else's is working then i think it must be a dodgy seller. It was very noisy.. I make my own wireless flow controllers and was going to use them to make a budget pump board to sell on eBay but gave up because I couldn't find a cheap enough pump that worked. I'll buy another one and give it another go now /emoticons/smile.png

No, 3 amp isn't enough. Under load the pump could draw more than that. Plus you don't want it be working at the limit of its spec all the time or it'll burn out. I'd go for a 20a pwm. I've seen em on eBay for the same price. Check out item number 262855548317 currently on in UK. Or £2.70 from China

No, 3 amp isn't enough. Under load the pump could draw more than that. Plus you don't want it be working at the limit of its spec all the time or it'll burn out. I'd go for a 20a pwm. I've seen em on eBay for the same price. Check out item number 262855548317 currently on in UK. Or £2.70 from China
My controllers are 10 amp. Been using them for 10 years on a shurflo 100psi

Back