What would you charge for this?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat & Introductions' started by Gav, Apr 26, 2011.

Advertisement
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums.
    Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

1. Gav

Gav Grand Master
    Administrator

Ok i am asking this out of curiosity as i am sure i am not over charging yet their is some scrote in town that is following me into shops and undercutting me buy a lot! :dodgy:

It is monthly clean and is only the top level in the pic NOT the bottom. so you got the three tall sets of windows in front, one on end, then round back you got another 4 or 5 sets of two, same as front.

New Picture (5).png

Advertisement
  2. nearlyclean

Supplier

about £8-9 a month,if someone is follow you and you need to offer them something he can't.Plus frames and sills included or something similar

3. Gav

Gav Grand Master
    Administrator

Ye apparently this guy said he would do the lot for a fiver!

4. nearlyclean

Supplier

Cant really compete with that and wouldn't want to.I try to sell myself as a quality service and if they want someone cheaper there are always guys that will.But after a few months they either don't like the quality of their work or they get let down

5. Gav

Gav Grand Master
    Administrator

Yep exactly, I did say that obviously I can guarantee a top notch service and explained that there are bodgers out there that will charge pennies but not do a great job.

So will see either way charging those prices they will soon be out of business and I can pick up all his old work lol.

6. jarvy

jarvy Guest

If it was once a month i would say £10.
    TBH it sounds desperate to do it for a fiver,not worth getting the gear out for!

7. Gav

Gav Grand Master
    Administrator

Exactaly my thought I quoted £10 and deffo would not do it for £5.

8. Windowwhiz

Windowwhiz Guest

I wouldn't do it for under £12

9. Hinty

Hinty Well-Known Member

got to be worth a tenner every day of the week

10. I would get £10 to £12 where I live as most would charge £20 for commercial round here.
    If the other guy is charging a fiver he can't be earning very much so my guess is he raises the price after 3 months.
    Not worth parking up and setting up for a fiver.
    I do not agree with undercutting so if I were you I would go back to every shop and ask if you could leave your card. Tell them you will happy to come and provide a professional service at x amount if they are unhappy with the "fly by ***ht".
    My guess is those calls will come.

Advertisement