Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Is This Ro System Any Good?

WCF

Help Support WCF:

go for a 6 stage system, with resin bottle added.. i use a 600 which gives me 550 odd litres of pure water every 24 hours into a 1000 litre ipc container,which i then bilge pump into 500 litre tank in van

Sorry to hijack your thread but How much pure water could that make? In 24hrs. Not sure what I need to look for if I want a wfp setup

In the long run you would be better buying a 4040. I produce 1000L of water in around 5hrs. Comes out of my 4040 at 02ppm then I have a 11L polisher bottle which brings it down to 000. Depends on your budget and how many windows you clean each day and if you want to expand your business!.

Don't worry about the hi jack it's something that I initially didn't think about!

What price did the 4040 system set you back squeak and bubbles?

thats a 50gpd RO, i had a 200gpd RO as my first purifier and it made 12L per hour on mains water pressure.

you would be better off getting at least a 300gpd RO boosted even better.

Were not on a water meter dude. Forget that :) I paid £480 for my 4040 set up. I needed to buy a booster pump as my psi was only 38. It's now 100psi. I can get the full set up for around £500 mark (excludes booster pump).

lucky you on the water meter, i might move lol

im gonna struggle to buy a decent ro system as well as a back pack and pole setup

any cheap solutions for a month or two so i can use the pole and backpack or am i trying to run before i can walk?

You'll probably eventually need/want a (suggest 11ltr) DI Vessel anyway and although a costlier option initially, you will get pure water 'on demand'.

The increased efficiency together with the production time saving will get you out there earning. Once you're earning you can budget for a 40/40 system, say you can put away £50 a week, you'll have enough in just 10 weeks. When I di only I justify the additional overhead of buying more resin by the reduction in waiting time and double handling. This time is often ignored when people speak of their hourly rate. Still quite profitable btw.

I'm a big fan of di only as it is great for convenience and the big plus is you can carry just the vessel to large jobs and clean to your hearts content.

Lugging 25k barrels to your vehicle, lifting them in then out and pouring them is not a good long term plan. Note: I am currently laId up with a work related spinal injury. :-(

lucky you on the water meter, i might move lol

im gonna struggle to buy a decent ro system as well as a back pack and pole setup

any cheap solutions for a month or two so i can use the pole and backpack or am i trying to run before i can walk?

Im a keen gym bunny and train alot so lifting them around doesnt faze me.

iv been told by Extreme Damo a Di wont work in my area as we have around 450ppm iv ordered a TDS meter to check so will know by saturday what the score is

seeing as iv already opened this thread i may as well continue it

Firstly Can I just use a Di system on its own? I know it will cost me more in resin but atleast I can start with my WFP and not use my ladders as much.

Or which one of these would be the best option...?

https://collinswaterproducts.co.uk/product_info.php?products_id=151&osCsid=ad830960262116d981694407d9daee52

http://www.osmotics.co.uk/products/6-Stage-150-Gallon-Per-Day-Reverse-Osmosis-System.html

or the last one on this page for £150

http://www.daqua.co.uk/ro_systems.htm

Got one of them mate. You would need a booster pump with that & even then it ain't that great. Without booster I produced 2 litres in an hour. It was agony watching it trickle out. If you were nearer to me you could have it & try it. I'm flogging it for £20 if yer want it.

RC property gave me a good link for one. It's 200gpd with booster pump & got a good review as well. Thinking of getting one myself as it looks good. I'll try find it & put it on here.

It's a vyair ro200. £216 with delivery & has a booster pump fitted.

Where abouts are you posh I'm in Leighton buzzard but my missus had free fuel on her company car depending on distance I could pop over

Yep think I'm going to get that one to. Looks ok for what I need & if you & RC recommend it that's good enough for me.

I'm in Sawston in Cambridgeshire Steve. Not to far to be honest.

Back