What would you do?

Discussion in 'Gutter & Fascia Cleaning' started by RyanL, Aug 29, 2014.

Advertisement
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums.
    Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

1. RyanL

RyanL Member

Hi all,
    I'm going to quote a gutter clear and clean with fascia clean and windows on this tomorrow, no conservatory and excellent access at the back. I'd normally go in at about £160 as it's in leafy Weybridge in Surrey but there are only 5 houses on the gated estate and I'm confident that if I don't go in too high I can get most of them on board too. My other dilemma is that I was put on to this by a gardener who's a friend of a friend type of thing and if I do a good job and the customer likes me would happily pass more work my way.
    Would you go in higher and hope for the best or go in at say £20-30 less and hope it pays off in the long run?

upload_2014-8-29_20-4-27.png

Advertisement
  2. Tuffers

Tuffers Hero

£160 seems a good price for the custy. What about soffits?

3. RyanL

RyanL Member

Yeah sorry, they're included too. Do you think I could push it up a bit? I don't want to price myself out of any extra work that may come my way but also don't want to under sell myself. Saying that this is in a very affluent area! Life was much simpler when I was employed and cleaning race courses and hotels!

4. Tuffers

Tuffers Hero

That job would take half a day at a nice meandering pace and with giving yourself 4 hours to do it will mean you do an excellent job. An excellent job is what most want :thumbsup:, then you will get the recommendations. You won't get recommendations if you cut corners. If your half day rate is £100, then that's too low for that job IMO and go in at £160.

At the end of the day, I'd say half your day rate.

5. RyanL

RyanL Member

Thanks mate, just needed reassuring really. Thinking of the area and the type of people who live there £160 to do something none of them would ever dream of doing themselves seems more than fair. I used to work my nuts off for £75 a day in central London starting at half 4 in the morning so these days I enjoy a nice meandering day! I'll let you know how I get on.

6. Tuffers

Tuffers Hero

If the windows are minging, go round the frames and rinse them as you do the plastics and come back and do the glass only when the drips have gone off the frames.

7. RyanL

RyanL Member

Nice tip, thanks Tuffers.

8. Smurf

Smurf Banned

There are 4 apex's what I can see on that property with plastics on. 2 at the front and 2 gable ends so I would price to include them too.

Myself I would go in about £240 or more but that's just me as I don't think it's unreasonably due to the amount of work involved. I'm not bothered if anyone else wants their's doing as each house owner if they ask is given a separate quote anyway that could be more depending how awkward the job is.

Don't take any notice of me as go with what you want for a day's worth of work as by the time you have finished that one you will be knackered to fit any more jobs in that day.:D

9. RyanL

RyanL Member

I'm more used to this kind of stuff and not having to price it up! Oh for the easy life again! Actually scrap that, even if I price badly I'll still be better off!

[​IMG]

10. Smurf

Smurf Banned

Pricing is simply what you want out of the job including any risks involved and added cost. It does annoy the hell out of me when ppl start spouting what they want to earn an hour and then base there cost solely on that alone. :D

Advertisement