what would you do?

Discussion in 'Water Fed Pole Cleaning' started by mark, Mar 10, 2016.

Advertisement
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums.
    Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

1. mark

mark Forum Addict

worked late Monday on one of my routes,a woman approaches me & asks me to clean her windows.£15 I say,no probs.my window cleaner has stopped coming etc,who used to clean your windows?(you get to know most windies by sight over the years)oh its him.yes hes got a factory job & let all his customers down not even telling us.i know he does quite a bit of work-lots of shops etc & I haven't seen him for ages.i don't know how long hes left the work!!im not desperate for work but blimey giving it all up.would you approach & knock on his door.?ask for a list and take a gamble and pay 4 it?umm have to think about it!!!any thoughts???:confused:

Advertisement
  2. Poles Apart

Go and ask him if he'd mind giving you a list can't do any harm? He may of just dumped the round, I'd be suspicious why someone would pack a decent round up to work in a factory I wouldn't.

3. mark

mark Forum Addict

agree!!some take it serious and build a business,some play at it,(beer money etc).also the weather has a lot to do with it,if your not in organized and in a good routine it can be a nightmare

4. Tuffers

Tuffers Hero

I'd get in touch and let him know one of custy's has approached you. Go from there and ask if he's given it up. Don't mention buying it though.

5. mark

mark Forum Addict

yes your right don't mention money,feel the ground and see ah!!

6. A.K WINDOWS

I'd just put flyers around upto them then no come back

7. peter rogers

peter rogers Grand Master

Wel first off I wudn be on here askin incase he be on here

Of he has packed it in An he on here ur getting charged for thelist lol

8. steve garwood

steve garwood ginger lion

If he's given it up, he's bound to take any bit of money you offer. Why not approach him and ask him for a list and offer a minimal payment

9. Elliot

Elliot Active Member

You should have asked the woman if she knew which other houses he did on her street . That would be a good start .

Advertisement