What would you do?

Discussion in 'Advertising Offline/Online & Canvassing' started by JBC88, Jun 15, 2016.

Advertisement
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums.
    Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

1. JBC88

JBC88 Member

Hi

I clean windows on a new build siteam with wfp and I know at least two other cleaners have customers on site but they only do glass not frames and doors.

I'm thinking of posting flyers advertising that I do all frames glass doors etc and put my price on too. I'm quite confident I will gain a good amount of customers from it because I'm not the dearest cleaner out there. But if I do the other cleaners stand to lose out.

What would you do?

Advertisement
  2. Clisty1989

Clisty1989 Forum Addict

If your trying to undercut them your asking for trouble, however if your charging the same or more than they are it's a competitive market. Just don't specifically target the houses do the whole estate. I doubt you'll get many as from experience customers tend to be loyal. If they change to you be wary as they'll probably drop you as soon as someone cheaper comes along

3. peter rogers

peter rogers Grand Master

wheres the estate ?? rough area ??

4. JBC88

JBC88 Member

No I would never knowingly undercut but i still think i am cheaper in general anyway. Ive worked out my overheads etc and I reckon if I can charge by time instead of windows I can charge less but still make good profit IF I can get enough customers.

5. JBC88

JBC88 Member

Also Clisty

Yeah I know customers tend to be loyal I'm glad they are but I think we are conditioned to compare everything we get these days like gas broadband tv etc. So if people can get better service for same or less money surely it's a no brainer.

6. TolishAPurd

With all the thousands of houses out there, why even bother. Just drop the whole street and move on the the next.

7. boarcity

boarcity Guest

#7 boarcity, Jun 15, 2016
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 15, 2016
    if you get any flack from the other windies just say to them "i seeee you....... i seee you " ,theyll reply ,"wot the furk does that mean ?
    tell them its a famous line from the film Predator

• Funny Funny x 4
    • Like Like x 1
    • List
  8. Taxlossloz

Taxlossloz Grand Master

What is all this **** about not undercutting !!
    Are we in business or not ?
    Also any w/ c not cleaning frames does not deserve to keep the job .. Take the street by storm

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • List
  9. peter rogers

peter rogers Grand Master

Wen I first started. I went to a new estate and got some houses
    Another cleaner approached me sayin it's his patch
    I said I'm here too now. He got huffy. I warned what would happen if he took that approach with me

My response to his approach with bad attitude was to canvas every house In the place I didn't do and offer to do it miles cheaper . Like a lot lol.

• Like Like x 3
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • List
  10. daveyboy

daveyboy Legend

I had a guy try to intimidate me on a new build estate (it was new back then lol) that is my best area
    I point blank told him he needs to be a bit bigger than he is if he thinks that is gonna work on me
    We now get on and pass each other work haahaa

Advertisement