What Would You Do?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat & Introductions' started by M.K Cleaners.co.uk, Nov 19, 2012.

Advertisement
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums.
    Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

1. M.K Cleaners.co.uk

M.K Cleaners.co.uk Grand Master

First off I hate this bloddy weather!!!

Anyway, Ive got 120 pounds worth of monthly work. Its in a tower block of flats there not allways in. The work is priced really good. Im just having trouble getting people in. Even after I tell them the day and time im going to be there there still not in. I need them to be in to clean the windows as most of them are 5th story up.

I cant sell it... well I can but there is a lot of old vulnerable people that let me in there house. I wouldnt feel right selling this type of work on. I would never forgive me self if something happned...

Its about 20miles away aswell so its a fair bit away too.

Im thinking of juts dropping it altogether, what would you do?

Advertisement
  2. laddergarder

I try to stay away from resi work that require access. I have some, and I am always running back and forward to them. More hassle than its worth. I used to work they way you do, by keeping them in on a certain day and time to arrange for access, but its when you have to move them all the time due to the weather, that it really becomes hard to manage.

My best advice considering it is a bit of a drive for you, keep them in a Sunday or over the weekend, and just do them when you have the time. If you miss them, post a letter notifying them that you will have to leave them to next month. But I wouldn't run back and forth, but at the same time, if you can weed out the time wasters, and keep some then I would do that.

3. M.K Cleaners.co.uk

M.K Cleaners.co.uk Grand Master

I never go back for them, I just leave them till next time. I try not to work weekends, even more now that my girfrineds due in less than 4 weeks.

I picked most of this out when I first started so I never cared about it really. Now Im more fussy about travelling and time wasters etc.

4. harunh

harunh Legend

thats why i dont entertain people where i need access :) all my work i need to do i just turn up and crack on i dont need to rely on customers etc :)

the only headache is to collect the payment which is nothing new for the majority of us.

Advertisement