What would you guys like to see in the VIP area?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat & Introductions' started by James, Mar 20, 2012.

Advertisement
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums.
    Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

1. James

James Guru

Answer!

---
    I am here: http://tapatalk.com/map.php?o0zzt0

Advertisement
  2. Here goes some ideas! Why don't you move the tips and tutorials into the VIP area. This way people will have to join to get the knowledge and only leave the general chat in the main area. Downloads, flyers etc also. It would be good to see the topics being talked about as per my last thread. I for one will only start new threads in the VIP area now, so thats where you'll find me waffling on!!!! Could you contact any of the suppliers, maybe they could offer some form of reward / discount for VIP members and in return they could get some advertising??

3. Paul

Paul Guest

Personally I wouldn't rob the forum to better the VIP area it needs new contents.

As for the supplier contacts now that's a good idea, like a welcome pack with discounts for new VIP members.

4. James

James Guru

The supplier idea sounds good to me. Gav would need to get telemarketing lol.

---
    I am here: http://tapatalk.com/map.php?nez4ij

5. Yep or ongoing discount. It would only have to be minimal to still be well worth it. Maybe I'm missing the point with the VIP area. What is suppose to be it's purpose? I know your saying don't rob the forum but if you can get everything on there for free why would you part with money? There needs to be something to get peoples attention or the willing to buy in? The very small fee most people would pay especially if they were starting out for all the help and advice (which you would still be able to get some of this in the main section)
    With regards to new contents I can't see how much more can be added in terms of topics etc?

6. James

James Guru

Why not try car / van stickers with the window cleaning forums on it? We could have them in our vehicles. The Saxo forum I used to be on called Saxperience did them and we all had them in our bad boy saxo's lol.

---
    I am here: http://tapatalk.com/map.php?qw1ivx

7. Paul

Paul Guest

I do totaly get where you are coming from J but I think to start stripping bear the forum would be a massive mistake i think retention is also key here , keeping the members that are already here VIP or not instead of taking things away from them, we all need to start sharing literature and anything we have just for starters, adding things with a bit more value to the VIP area I know we all love this forum so I think I lands on us to do this aswell not just Gav.

8. mark m

mark m Hero

I was just wondering how many VIPs are there who use this forum regular

9. I'm starting to think your right Mark, maybe ditching the VIP area wouldn't be such a bad idea.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

10. Hinty

Hinty Well-Known Member

Getting the right balance between posting in the main forum so that it doesnt lose quality, and offering extras in the main forum can be a fine art.

Supplier idea sounds good - possibly getting a few discounts - perhaps trade insurance and/or round management software could be discounted ?

The suppliers are only likely to offer this though if the information is passed onto new members - to help them get more business.

Here's an idea - what about a ratings page - only VIP's can vote/see results - but list under each manufacturer different items they make, and have reviews / marks out of 10. eg: under poles - could have Gardiners/Brodex/Unger/Xtel/Facelift... and so on - but make sure the reviews are honest, and by people that use them.

This way, if a supplier is ranked higher than their compe***ors - By US - they may refer more members to the forum too??

The VIP area will definitely grow - but it will take time & suggestions - which are flowing well.

Advertisement