Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

I love my power up but some times it can be a grrrrr moment

WCF

Help Support WCF:

tench0771

e245480f37470d957cacbf334e246b4d.jpg

Sent using the Window Cleaning Forums mobile app

It was worse when the chain kept coming off mine, nothing worse then fkn nuts on nuts off test comes off nuts on nuts off! Been fine for the last week now fingers crossed lol

Guys, I am looking to get an electric reel very soon. Are these issues common and do any of you have any regrets about going for the electric reel ?

That happens to me at least once a week. Bloody annoying.
Adams.....do you mind me asking...did you fit any winch rollers in the back of your Connect to feed the hose in & out.

[QUOnnnTE=tench0771, post: 358649, member: 6786]
e245480f37470d957cacbf334e246b4d.jpg

I'm glad it's not just me then
emoji23.png

View attachment 13965 View attachment 13965 View attachment 13965

View attachment 13965 View attachment 13965 View attachment 13965

aargh the laptop is a bit slow and i kept on clicking,lee,this is how i got round the hose issue,the hose comes off the reel and snags down the side doesn't it?if your lucky it hasn't wound itself round the cenral shaft-trust me theres some choice words when that happens

this is how i got round it,simply cut two long peices of plastic strip and screwed it onto the reel housing,it sorts that problem straight away (i would have made a better job of cutting the strips but it was a quick job to see if it worked,and it did i'll make some neater ones sometime lol)

Guys, I am looking to get an electric reel very soon. Are these issues common and do any of you have any regrets about going for the electric reel ?
Good question.

Surely waterworks can design a guard?

I'd like one but need to put in a battery to battery charger first, otherwise I would be charging my battery everyday!

No, no rollers.
OK, so you pull out what you think you need to reach the back of the property, either leaving the doors open or shutting them on the hose I suppose. The only things that niggles me is that I don't like leaving my van unlocked when I am around the back of someones house cleaning a conny for instance as ive got all my trad stuff and other poles in the back. On the other hand, if I lock it and I havn't got enough hose pulled out, I've got to trudge back to the van and pull a load more off the reel. I can think of a few properties on my round where this would be a right pain in the proverbial. Just my thoughts at the mo....not sure which way I am going to go but I am going to get a lecky reel.

OK, so you pull out what you think you need to reach the back of the property, either leaving the doors open or shutting them on the hose I suppose. The only things that niggles me is that I don't like leaving my van unlocked when I am around the back of someones house cleaning a conny for instance as ive got all my trad stuff and other poles in the back. On the other hand, if I lock it and I havn't got enough hose pulled out, I've got to trudge back to the van and pull a load more off the reel. I can think of a few properties on my round where this would be a right pain in the proverbial. Just my thoughts at the mo....not sure which way I am going to go but I am going to get a lecky reel.
damo would be the best person to answer this question for you mate

Now I don't have a power up reel but in the future possibly , Now my biggest gripe would be leaving truck unlocked and open to theft or you have to cut holes in your van.

And I just don't see any flexibility when parking on certain roads or housing estates when parking is restricted and the hose needs pointing in one direction to get some houses the pointing in another direction to complete the rest .

Now I don't have a power up reel but in the future possibly , Now my biggest gripe would be leaving truck unlocked and open to theft or you have to cut holes in your van.
And I just don't see any flexibility when parking on certain roads or housing estates when parking is restricted and the hose needs pointing in one direction to get some houses the pointing in another direction to complete the rest .
Rollers

There no difference. To leaving it open wen winding the reel by hand

I don't want to cut any holes in any truck and I ain't leaving it open for anyone to have a good luck at any of my gear or swipe anything

There no difference. To leaving it open wen winding the reel by hand

Peter just curious as to why you disliked my post , I have made valid points in terms of security over the years leaving van doors open or unlocked I have heard sob stories of lads having carbon poles stolen from unlocked vans totally their fault a theft can take seconds were as cleaning a house(s) takes a lot lot longer .

Back