Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

My dog being put down

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Markyboy 50

Hi guys. Nothing to do with window cleaning. I had my dog put down yesterday. He was 14 and just worn out. Now I'm not a pet person and didn't think I was that bothered about him. Bought him for a daughters 12th b day. She's 26 now. Point is I'm more upset about the dog going than I was when my dad died. Am I going soft?

sorry to here about that your not going soft u just have a hart my wife and i were down her mums and dads house quiet a few years ago i never real;y new her mums dog but we had to take it vets to be put down and it hit me realy hard as i watched the dod fall asleep not nice experence i think its cos there so helpless and inercent things

Suprising how we get attached to them. I stayed at home Friday and spent the day with him( I knew what was coming the next day). Walked him. Gave him an extra meal. Treated him with some cheese and ham and choc biscuits with he loved. Never mind. It's done now.

I remember my Mum phoning me frantically saying the family dog was poorly (my younger brother and Dad were on holiday mountain biking in Scotland)

Took the dog to the vets and there was nothing they could do.

We had him from when I was about 9 or 10 and although I was about 27/28 and living away from home by then, I did well up a bit in the eye department.....

Of course I hid it well from the vet & nurse - "I think it's my allergies playing up" [emoji16]

Sent from my CUBOT DINOSAUR using Tapatalk

its awfull mate keep ya chin up i lost one of mine whilst walking him was only 2 had a massive heart attack was gutted couldnt stop crying for weeks stayed in the house for days ,lost best mates and family but the dog always pulls on you.

the thing is we spend more time with the dog the we do people hence the attachment.

Not going soft at all. I had to put one of mine down this time last year. Totally fell apart. Wife did me a photo frame at Xmas with photos of her from a puppy up over. I opened it an cried again. Part of the family they are.

Sad to hear that Markyboy.

My dog in the photo has just turned 10 years old. She is an ex-prison trained German shepherd,I've had her with me at work every day that I'm on the windows for 7 years now. Comes into all gardens and houses with me. Customers are happier to see her than myself now! [emoji51]

It's tough when they go mate as we know they're not forever but when that time comes it can hit quite hard. 14 years is great though and many don't get halfway to that.

We can get very attached to them, not soft at all mate, as some others have said 'part of the family'.

Sent using the Window Cleaning Forums mobile app

Not soft at all mate. They're and extension of the family, I treat mine like they're my kids.

Witnessed many disturbing things whilst in the army serving overseas, most of which I'll never get over, but none come close to loosing one of my dogs.

Things affect people differently.

Not going soft at all mate. A dog is a mans best friend. He's by your side regardless of the car you drive, the team you support or the area you live. He never complains and always has a wagging tail to greet you at the end of a **** day.

My dog IS my best mate regardless of my moods and temprement.

You have my sympathies.

Didn't realise how attached you could get. We got our Border Collie nearly 4 years ago and she's one of the family now. Even plan holidays so we can take her with us. Can't bear the thought of her not being around. Agree with Green - she's my best mate. Sorry to hear your news

Sent using the Window Cleaning Forums mobile app

Sorry to hear of your loss . You can love a dog as much as some family members . I had to have my German shepherd put to sleep a few years back . He was like my right arm . It's awful holding him , then goi g home with the lead and collar . We had him cremated and had a box in the garden . Made us all including the kids feel better . At least by the sound of it you gave him a good life .

Feel your pain fella. I was abroad on holiday last May when I got a call from my sister, who was looking after my GSD, to say she'd gone down hill rapidly and had to be put to sleep. Most days I'd take her to work with me and we travelled all over the country. Still miss her everyday and feel guilty that I wasn't there to ease her passing.

I must admit that I didn't take him to be put down myself. My little lady and her daughter took him for me. She made the mistake of offering to take him. Don't think she really meant it. I went out before she came and collected him. I sat on the bottom of the stairs to put my boots on like I always do. He came and rested his head on my knee. I wonder if he knew something? Still see his trusting ole eyes looking at me now.

it really is a sad thing to do ,as in comments earlier they really do pick you up ,had a s--t day come home and their tails are wagging so happy to see you ,unconditional love ! Also research says a dog owner lives an extra 7 years longer than non owners !

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Latest Posts

Back