What you say

Discussion in 'Chit Chat & Introductions' started by Paul, Apr 27, 2012.

Advertisement
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums.
    Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

1. Paul

Paul Guest

I would like to know what you lads say when knocking doors, and do you find it hard?

Advertisement
  2. Gmeister

Gmeister Grand Master

Say

Hi there, have you got a window cleaner? if they say no, say, would you like a window cleaner? if they say yes, say how much you would charge.

Something along those lines I guess =)

3. Dodger

Dodger Hero

I don't like it much but gotta get out and do it, when I have it's bout same as gmeister.

4. badbusdriver

badbusdriver Guest

"Hi there, who ordered the kiss-o-gram"

5. Paul

Paul Guest

6. Belfastcleaning

Belfastcleaning Grand Master

Hello, just seen your windows are stinking, I'm a window cleaner and bobs your uncle, will be round next week cheers

Or you could try, hey, I clean windows in the area every 4 weeks, I'm due round again next week ( or whenever ) and I was just wondering if you would be interested in having yours cleaned?

7. Masons

Masons Guru

Hi, my name's Will and I clean windows in the area, would you be interested in a free window cleaning quote?
    *Allow for response*
    *Respond accordingly*

I'm chatty so it goes more smooth and less robotic from there.

8. willywindows

willywindows Guest

I was walking from the shops today and noticed that every house in a particular road had: "We do not buy from cold callers", stickers in their windows!
    So would you still bother to knock the door to ask for business or just jog on by to another street?

9. GMcleaning

GMcleaning Guru

i still knock the cold calling stickered doors, they tend to be for sales guys, ie double glazing and iv never had anyone mention the sticker after i knocked, but i have got a good few customers who had the stickers!lol

10. AS Window Cleaning

AS Window Cleaning Active Member

same here. I've asked existing customers who have those stickers up and they say wouldn't have problem with windys calling, they say how else would you get a window cleaner! as above they view those stickers for 'proper salesmen'!

we canvass while wearing uniform, looks more professional, and we (ok my wife does) says : I'm calling from as window cleaning, were currently expanding our round in the area, would you be interested in having your windows cleaned regularly?

helps if smile and look less threatening!

Advertisement