Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Workers Wages

garry

hi all, just wondering what people pay their workers?? percentage or a set wage n how many houses can be cleaned per hour / per day etc??

60 percent i pay but they gotta do all collecting and chip in with maintainance etc. i know they can each do 150 pound per day if they work hard, so thats 90 a day in theory, its a lot to pay for a days work but to keep good workers on call in bad weather i feel i must pay this

60 percent i pay but they gotta do all collecting and chip in with maintainance etc. i know they can each do 150 pound per day if they work hard, so thats 90 a day in theory, its a lot to pay for a days work but to keep good workers on call in bad weather i feel i must pay this
lol i use to employ rock and rollers wen i first started and payed them £25 a day lol

sometimes feel like changing it to 50 a day n have a minimum requirement for them to do at least 130 pound to earn this, if weather was guaranteed mon to fri thats what id do

It depends on the worker for me. I had a mate who was just as fast as me so I payed him £100 but I have days where I just need an extra hand footing ladders etc so pay them £50...

well i dont actually work i let them do it all as i want to build it so i got other workers doin it n i can live abroad so need permanent workers and to keep permanant workers its gotta be worth there while, especially when it rains regular n they r on call

I have a guy do fridays for me, he gets half of the house value, £10 house he gets £5. He walks away with £90 most fridays, BUT i still have to do the collecting, pay for everything, It gives me a nice long weekend off, he also helps me when im on holiday.

I pay 45 and I pay for his dinner. I do the up and he does the down 8 till 3 and he gets extra when he collects with me

I've been thinking about this a lot latley.

When I'm ready (so please bare in mind I don't employ anyone ATM) I would be looking to pay a set yearly wage, any have then work mon-fri 9am till 4pm and 1 Saturday a month. On raining days they will flier and go looking for work if there isn't any inside work they can do.

I would set the yearly wage at slightly higher than an office job, something around the £7.50-£8 ph (office job is about £6.75ph here if your doing well)

That way I'm bringing in around £45 per hour per person, and during quiet/raining days I'm attempting to gain new work.

Sorted /emoticons/smile.png

But like I said, I don't employ anyone yet so it might not work, I figured a set yearly figure will attract better staff too.

Ive a very good lad working for me, works hard, very reliable, looks after my van and kit and we get on great, main thing though is he makes me money, i couldnt have grown the business without help, the minimum wage is £6.29 in Scotland, anybody worth employing expects more than that, ive had a few guys now , once you find a good one , pay him so you keep him, they are worth there weight in Gold.

Back