Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Waterproofing van, protectacote?

WCF

Help Support WCF:

slippy

Last edited by a moderator:
I did protectercoat my van had no issues at all if you take your time and apply a few coats lasts well do mine each year at Christmas close down 

dont bother it cheap poop stuff that looks dirty after six weeks usage i did one van once never again waste of money , you can fiberglass it out for the same money as poop coat 

Rather than drill holes for drainage can't you stop the water from getting all over the floor ? I use rubber matting bought from eBay it is in one piece and have used a spray adhesive to glue every part of it to the floor, and 5" up the bulkhead and sides then sealed all edges with waterproof silicone sealant.

Sent using the Window Cleaning Forums mobile app

I will be using next year when I switch to a van, But will be applying per Spruces instructions and above a good application right through and a few inches up the side of the van load area this is more important in car derived vans which have a rear footwell as standard for the combi model option.

i just f.g. a combo out the wife did it took her  2 days to do and cost was 89 pounds

its better then poopcoat and lasts forever we have a old transit that was done when new back in 2011 and it looks as good as new when wiped down with a cloth

water just runs out the doors when driving i would post a pic of the combo but you can see it as the 650 tank covers the full floor lol 

i just f.g. a combo out the wife did it took her  2 days to do and cost was 89 pounds

its better then poopcoat and lasts forever we have a old transit that was done when new back in 2011 and it looks as good as new when wiped down with a cloth

water just runs out the doors when driving i would post a pic of the combo but you can see it as the 650 tank covers the full floor lol 
Have you got a link to the sort of kit you used mate?

As an eBay Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
bought all the gear off these guys , rang them up told them what size van ect and they send it all ,  i even saved money and time buy swapping the boarding around from side to side and turning the floor upside down to show the good new wood , as my van boarder couldnt do it for 2 weeks and i needed it out and earning 

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Lloyds-Approved-Fibre-Glass-Flowcoat-Top-Coat-Grey-with-Hardener-CHOOSE-SIZE/171975146813?hash=item280a847d3d:g:sAgAAOSw2gxYrDNB
View attachment 11732
That's brilliant. All the boys and pieces I was looking at were looking like it was going to set me back a couple of hundred to fb my van, wish I had seen this beforehand. I'll definitely do it in the next van.

Nice. Was that worth doing the controllers like that? Never seen it done before.

lol wait until i get the pics of my new set up on where if put them ! 

they work for me , 

1. there out the way of staff putting there feet on them in the rear and for loading gutter vacs ect ect or when you want to load something from argos,  less gear in the rear to be damaged 

2. the staff can not  say  ""i forgot there were on  when they leave the van at night as you can glance over at them 

3. i like the second battery hidden out of sight so its under the drivers seat next to the vans main bat. and the spit charger is behind the seat  as well keeping all wires hidden way

4 when you pull up at a job reach over and drop the water if needed no need to open rear doors at all until finshed the job to reel the hose in as we dont do this leafing reels out , or clipping poles on and off at each jobs rubbish 

5. with the bigger van you tent to use the passenger seat as a mini decks to do cards or paper work while standing out side the van which means there right there to change if needed  

6. they never see any dampness of the rear van and if you need to turn them down you can open the passenger door quicker then the rear and no need to reach or climb  in the van

works for us , is about speed and tidyness for me , i like my set ups carrying as little amount of gear as poss making things " to hand "none of this looking for stuff in the van rubbish time is money your  earning nothing while looking for stuff in the van lol 

Good idea with the controllers. I know what you mean with carrying stuff and things getting damaged... It's happened to me before  :banghead3:

You have a way with words @Julian Noddy Dean :1f603:

I did protectercoat my van had no issues at all if you take your time and apply a few coats lasts well do mine each year at Christmas close down 

Good to know.  I have heard mixed feedback on this stuff.  How would prep my metal floor and get rid of the tiny bits of rust starting to appear.  The ply on the wheels; I need to take that off and paint up the walls 6 inches.     

Has anyone used a professional sprayer?

Rather than drill holes for drainage can't you stop the water from getting all over the floor ? I use rubber matting bought from eBay it is in one piece and have used a spray adhesive to glue every part of it to the floor, and 5" up the bulkhead and sides then sealed all edges with waterproof silicone sealant.

Surely, eventually water  will still get under it, then it's never getting out.

bought all the gear off these guys , rang them up told them what size van ect and they send it all ,  i even saved money and time buy swapping the boarding around from side to side and turning the floor upside down to show the good new wood , as my van boarder couldnt do it for 2 weeks and i needed it out and earning 

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Lloyds-Approved-Fibre-Glass-Flowcoat-Top-Coat-Grey-with-Hardener-CHOOSE-SIZE/171975146813?hash=item280a847d3d:g:sAgAAOSw2gxYrDNB

View attachment 11732

My floor ply is absolutely had it from water.  Do you fibre glass over the ply or can u do it over metal floor?   

Your wife did it?   Is it quite easy then?

Back