Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Waterproofing van, protectacote?

WCF

Help Support WCF:

I did the floor in marine ply, £60 per sheet but it's glue I think is different so it doesn't delaminate.

A good way is not having any leaks in your system then you won't have any problems

My floor ply is absolutely had it from water.  Do you fibre glass over the ply or can u do it over metal floor?   

Your wife did it?   Is it quite easy then?
yes very easy to do it just like rolling wall paper paste about ,  as for cleaning and wiping poopcoat its got grit in it so the dirt stick to it and beds it self  into the stuff ,  go out side and find a unfaced brick wall and go and wipe the wall with a mirco fiber and you will see what its like to clean 

I did the floor in marine ply, £60 per sheet but it's glue I think is different so it doesn't delaminate.

A good way is not having any leaks in your system then you won't have any problems

Sure, but could   filling tank and autoshut off doesnt work and it floods.  Lots of possibilities for problems.  Might   protectocote and then fibreglass.  Is fibreglass as good as speedlining/x lining?

Last edited by a moderator:
Sure, but could   filling tank and autoshut off doesnt work and it floods.  Lots of possibilities for problems.  Might   protectocote and then fibreglass.  Is fibreglass as good as speedlining/x lining?
we have two vans speed lined at a cost of over 3k each , as we have the inner roofs done with sunken lights ect ect , and its the best stuff

however for a window cleaning van i cant fault the f,g, and is ispeddline worth 7x more the answer is no its not for me hence all the window cleaning vans will be f.g. and the carpet cleaning vans will be speedlined 

we have two vans speed lined at a cost of over 3k each , as we have the inner roofs done with sunken lights ect ect , and its the best stuff

however for a window cleaning van i cant fault the f,g, and is ispeddline worth 7x more the answer is no its not for me hence all the window cleaning vans will be f.g. and the carpet cleaning vans will be speedlined 

So fibre glassing is totally protective if I flood the van or have water lying around?   What do u think of a protectatcote first before fibre glassing well?

What's so wet about carpet cleaning?

Our Renault Master is speedliner cost £700 to do but well worth it , my Vito had protectacaot compleat waist of time and money would never use it again wore through in a matter of 6 months , and yes it was applied properly with several coats 

Fiberglass is waterproof and will protect your floor. I don't see the need to apply protectacoat first, it could react with the fiberglass when been put down ? Also to apply protectacoat takes a few coats then you need time for it to dry before you apply the fiberglass which will also take time to do a good job. All of this is time not out working

Sent using the Window Cleaning Forums mobile app

marcs right no need to do both fridge vans are all f. glassed and so is alot of new flat roofs so yes in 100% water proof , when a forget to switch off the transfer pump sometimes due to talking and drinking tea , ive seen over 500lts of water all over the van floor , simply shut side door off we go to first job its all gone baring a bit in the corners , quick wipe round with a m. fiber job done   

marcs right no need to do both fridge vans are all f. glassed and so is alot of new flat roofs so yes in 100% water proof , when a forget to switch off the transfer pump sometimes due to talking and drinking tea , ive seen over 500lts of water all over the van floor , simply shut side door off we go to first job its all gone baring a bit in the corners , quick wipe round with a m. fiber job done   
Hmmm definitley food for thought . Does the van floor have to ply-lined ?

theres loads of videos on youtube the wife watched them and off he went ! done in to days , not sure on going over the top of metal but i did read you can do it on the fibeglass page i found on the net  

Just got a quote for line x for£385.  That's for 20cmup up sides and black colour.   It's 10% more if I have grey and £50 more if it's 40cmup up walls, worth paying that?  This my van in photo 

DSC_0070.JPG

DSC_0071.JPG

Back