Whats on your van floors?

Discussion in 'Water Fed Pole Cleaning' started by paul1, Jul 6, 2016.

Advertisement
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums.
    Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

1. paul1

paul1 Well-Known Member

Hi guys do any of you use any extra floor coverings on your van floors ? I currently just have ply lined and waterproofed etc but wondered if possible to put on some lino or vinyl or something?

what do you guys have? and can you advise what to use if do have lino down etc?? pics appreciated too..

cheers

Advertisement
  2. JClean

JClean Member

I put down some purpose cut rubber matting off of eBay, very good and grippy.

Sent from my iPhone using Window Cleaning Forums mobile app

3. Cghwindowcleaning

Cghwindowcleaning Well-Known Member

My van floor is speedlinered it is expensive but a great product that does exactly what I want.

4. Cghwindowcleaning

image.png

5. Trev81

Trev81 Guru

There very long goose necks, do you use them regularly ? I have a 10 inch one but find it a pig to have on so only use it when needed.

6. spruce

spruce Grand Master

I've got a long ali gooseneck from Gardiners and I can't use it either. I bought it before Alex brought out the c/f ones.

I've improvised for the couple of jobs I have by putting 2 x angle adaptors together. We have a large commercial coming up and will have to revert back to this gooseneck but will try it with a wider brush as Cghwindowcleaning uses

-

7. Trev81

Trev81 Guru

I noticed my 10 inch carbon one hiding in my van the other day, I decided to put in on to do some windows on my house, felt so weird I just couldn't get on with it at all.

8. spruce

spruce Grand Master

I found stability was my issue. The brush kept wanting to twist over side ways. Weight is also another factor on the ali g/n. It feels light but its very heavy on the end of the pole at height.

-

9. Cghwindowcleaning

The goose necks in the picture are not used all the time.
    They are the long ones I use on the odd job like an office I do above shops and a canopy.
    I do however always have the smaller 10 inch carbon goose necks on my poles over time I have got use to them and to me it feels odd with out.
    The longer necks are only used on high level work or window that are well set back.
    The longer ones can be harder to control.

10. spruce

spruce Grand Master

Thank you for your insight. I often wondered if c/f g/n would be a worth while purchase.:)

-

Advertisement