Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

A

ashley

hi all just checking in forum looks good iam window cleaning over 5years now still lost to pricing up jobs 1pound per window at ground level feels like iam doing a lot of work for 20 per hour

hi and welcome ashley...yeh me lost on pricing too but some you win some you lose just gotta keep going...

my £10 in and out today cost me £8 to replace a busted hairspray so I not had a good day...but I did get yet another bottle of wine so cant grumble...

as for the money I gave up on that ages ago...its all just work to me and when I finish one little area...I am home ready to start another tomorrow..

not looking forward to the next two days as they are heavily booked....I will have to stret c c h myself...:Dkeep us informed as you go along...

Bonjourno.

I aim for around £1.20 per window, £2 for french doors, and a pound or 2 on top of the total price. It doesnt win me as many jobs as Icould have but I would rather that then work cheap.

thanks guys i gess clacton on sea is not like working in a big city were they pay good money for window cleaning

Hi & welcome

Window cleaning can be hard graft for sure regardless how you price jobs up.

It doesn't really matter what methods you use either as wfp is just as hard if not more so than trad sometimes especially at height and/or doing awkward access windows.

Welcome pal. I think every person is different in the way they price up jobs. I charge 50p per standard pane and £1 per patio door pane sized windows. Some price by the hour.

As long as you are earning what you feel you are worth you can never grumble. I totally agree with TolishAPurd attitude towards work. He may not get every job he quotes. but every job he does get is a good earner and he is happy to do it. Never under sell your self.

I should probably listen to myself sometimes. But u know what they say. Easier said than done :thumbsdown:/emoticons/wink.png:thumbsup:

Only a few months in myself, ive read a lot about price per window etc but all im doing is having a look a the property, including the frames as some are easier to clean than others, looking at things like access, parking, how close it is to other jobs, awkwardness of getting to the windows etc then making an estimate of how long it will take, maybe comparing it to a similar sized job i already have and then basing that on how much i want to earn an hour/day/week etc come up with a price.

I think how many windows can be misleading to an extent, say a 4 bed detached, one has 6 windows on back one has 4, but the one with 4 might have an awkward one over a conny or it might have a longer walk from van etc, cleaning an average window doesnt take very long with a wfp theres more factors

4 windows hydrophilic vs 3 hydrophobic?

its not an exact science imo

Last edited by a moderator:
Only a few months in myself, ive read a lot about price per window etc but all im doing is having a look a the property, including the frames as some are easier to clean than others, looking at things like access, parking, how close it is to other jobs, awkwardness of getting to the windows etc then making an estimate of how long it will take, maybe comparing it to a similar sized job i already have and then basing that on how much i want to earn an hour/day/week etc come up with a price.
I think how many windows can be misleading to an extent, say a 4 bed detached, one has 6 windows on back one has 4, but the one with 4 might have an awkward one over a conny or it might have a longer walk from van etc, cleaning an average window doesnt take very long with a wfp theres more factors

4 windows hydrophilic vs 3 hydrophobic?

its not an exact science imo
All great points. But you have to price a window before you find out if it's hydrophilic or hydrophobic. In that aspect you have to take the rough with the smooth. pricing by window and size of glass is a guideline and if a window is awkward to get to then you price accordingly. In my opinion pricing by window/amount of glass is the farest for both customer and window cleaner.

Back