Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Mobile Printer

WCF

Help Support WCF:

SPCleaning

I was thinking it would be good to have a Laptop/Netbook connected to a printer in my van so that I could just print a professional invoice on demand, fold it and pop it through the door.

I use 'George' and this works well for me. There is a 'Print Invoice' button so that would work.

So how do I power it and make it happen?

I use printed invoices then just add customer details in pen, it helps if you have neat legible writing.

inverters can be very expensive in high street places like Halfords , but online on Ebay etc very cheap. think i got mine about £15 whereas same model in halfrauds was £40 . it runs a laptop

How does an inverter work?
a fly lead from the inverter plugs in your *** lighter socket then the inverter has a 13 amp household socket on one side that you plug your appliance into

So @boarcity or anyone else who understands these things, it appears that the laptop is about 90 watts and an Inkjet printer would be about 50 watts. Therefore if I got a 300 watt inverter I should be covered.

Can you leave it plugged in as you drive? So if I went out in the morning the printer and Laptop would be ready to go at each job?

As you can tell, I know little of these things. /emoticons/smile.png

Get a wireless printer and then you can even do it through your phone with bluetooth and george

If only carling made printers & laptops I'm thinking I could run a micro pub & brewrey in the back of me van too..... but would not to taste of poo like that carling shite /emoticons/biggrin.png.

I have a 300 inverter that runs most things including me van battery down as frank found out

I am just in from the pub

Cold walk that was

Was hot when I went in after my 5 bed job this morning

So @boarcity or anyone else who understands these things, it appears that the laptop is about 90 watts and an Inkjet printer would be about 50 watts. Therefore if I got a 300 watt inverter I should be covered.
Can you leave it plugged in as you drive? So if I went out in the morning the printer and Laptop would be ready to go at each job?

As you can tell, I know little of these things. /emoticons/smile.png
i wouldnt leave it plugged in ,cos theres a fairly high draw from a lappy . the lighter socket will get hot . but if i use mine for twenty minutes or so its allrite

Back