Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

No water pressure in van.

GC window cleaning

Wonder if anyone could help. I have a shurflo pump and varistream digi flow system and i can't seem to build up pressure enough for it to flow out of my pole. I'm guessing theres air in the system somewhere but can't see where its getting in. I have no water leaks. When it does occasionally work i have noticed that when i increase the flow rate on the varistream digi flow it doesn't go any quicker.

Anyone got any ideas how to sort this.

Cheers

I used to have a similar issuer with an older van when my pump was mounted above the van, an old hand told me to put the pump down as low as possible in the van so I did and sorted.

Sorry that's all the advice I have on that one.

I used to have a similar issuer with an older van when my pump was mounted above the van, an old hand told me to put the pump down as low as possible in the van so I did and sorted.
Sorry that's all the advice I have on that one.
Cheers thanks I'll give that a go.

try a new pressure switch,you can get one identical to shureflow pressure switch at maplins

Wonder if anyone could help. I have a shurflo pump and varistream digi flow system and i can't seem to build up pressure enough for it to flow out of my pole. I'm guessing theres air in the system somewhere but can't see where its getting in. I have no water leaks. When it does occasionally work i have noticed that when i increase the flow rate on the varistream digi flow it doesn't go any quicker.
Anyone got any ideas how to sort this.

Cheers
First try to recalibrate it. (Change pressure settings.) Pressure setting C was the factory setting.

Then make sure your battery is fully charged. Varistreams (the latest one) use current even when the unit is switched off. We found a fully charged 85 amph Numax battery lost 25% of its charge when left unattended for a week. For us the solution was to fit an on/off switch before the controller and switch it off at the end of the working day.

user_quick_start_guide_varistream_vsd6.pdf

Last edited by a moderator:
First try to recalibrate it. (Change pressure settings.) Pressure setting C was the factory setting.
Then make sure your battery is fully charged. Varistreams (the latest one) use current even when the unit is switched off. We found a fully charged 85 amph Numax battery lost 25% of its charge when left unattended for a week. For us the solution was to fit an on/off switch before the controller and switch it off at the end of the working day.
Cheers thanks for your help and the download, I'll give this a go.

As Mr Green said, keeping the pump as low as possible helps a lot. I moved mine onto the van floor. No problems since.

Cheers thanks for your help and the download, I'll give this a go.
The instructions aren't totally clear.

For our older units (without battery charge indication bars) we need to switch the controller on first and then press the + & - simultaneously. Once they start to flash you have to press both + & - again before you can manually raise (in your case) the cutoff pressure.

Do do this I would disconnect the hose reel so the water can flow with the least resistance.

Then switch the unit off to store your new pressure setting.

We used a switch like this on my son in law's van, but it didn't have the neon light. I don't know if this is an issue using it with 12v but if it is you may need to disconnect it.

IP66 20AX Switch PRESS 1 Gang 2 Way Retractive - Toolstation

Screwfix also have the same thing.

LAP 1-Gang 2-Way 20AX Switch

Last edited by a moderator:
The instructions aren't totally clear.
For our older units (without battery charge indication bars) we need to switch the controller on first and then press the + & - simultaneously. Once they start to flash you have to press both + & - again before you can manually raise (in your case) the cutoff pressure.

Do do this I would disconnect the hose reel so the water can flow with the least resistance.

Then switch the unit off to store your new pressure.

We used a switch like this on my son in law's van, but it didn't have the neon light. I don't know if this is an issue using it with 12v but if it is you may need to disconnect it.

IP66 20AX Switch PRESS 1 Gang 2 Way Retractive - Toolstation

Screwfix also have the same thing.

LAP 1-Gang 2-Way 20AX Switch
My varistream meter is the one with the battery bar indicators

This is the set up in running in my van. First lower pump then take pipe off of pump out let and see if water flows if its OK then you have a problem in the pipe work if not its something to do with the pump

Often have that air issue after a few days without use. I use to disconnect the hose at the hose reel and let it run free flow , I have DI in van too ,so I disconnect those first , plug them back and let the hose from DI down to reel have a free flow for a bit .

That helps every time . Maybe I should place my pump low , cause it's also on top of my tank . Never thought that could be a problem...:whistle:

Often have that air issue after a few days without use. I use to disconnect the hose at the hose reel and let it run free flow , I have DI in van too ,so I disconnect those first , plug them back and let the hose from DI down to reel have a free flow for a bit .That helps every time . Maybe I should place my pump low , cause it's also on top of my tank . Never thought that could be a problem...:whistle:
Think thats my problem as i don't use my system everyday. Have lowered my pump and that has helped.

Back