What's The Best Cheap Pole

Discussion in 'Water Fed Pole Cleaning' started by johnnyt, Jul 1, 2012.

Advertisement
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums.
    Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

1. johnnyt

johnnyt Member

Considering many options at the moment including the idea of starting with backpack, some barrels and a cheapo pole that will last about 9/12 months.I've looked at the Harris pole option with a Gardiners brush,which would cover a reasonable amount of work, but I see a few guy's are going for the likes of a Brodex 36ft for the higher windows.Could Harris pole with Brodex or fibreglass 30ft be a reasonable set up option??

Advertisement
  2. chip

chip Guru

Not sure what you mean at the end there johnny, but you'll struggle to beat the Harris for price, for 20 quid you have a pole that'll do probably 90% of your work, and as its alloy, will last, I don't ave one, my first was an unger 30 footer which came with the set up, not sure how much the cost probably somewhere between 100 and 150 quid, could be wrong. I've never dealt with brooded but hear some bad reports, but for under 200 quid you could but a clx 27 from gardiners, don't have one(it's next on the list of poles) have brought a brush though and service is tops, and the poles are highly rated by the masses

3. chip

chip Guru

This thread may be better served in wfp section, if the mods are lurking

4. Paul

Paul Guest

That's what I use mate backpack, Harris and 36" brodex covers everything I need

5. Paul

Paul Guest

Moved to wfp, cheers Chip

6. chip

chip Guru

I know I am! :)

7. Belfastcleaning

Belfastcleaning Grand Master

What sort of work are you wanting to take on?

The best cheap poles would be the clx range from gardiners

8. Njones

Njones Well-Known Member
    Supplier

CLX poles are fantastic for the price, but only go up to 27'. They are the perfect starter poles though, and I found there was very little I couldn't reach with my CLX-27 when I first got it.
    SLX poles cost more, but you gain rigidity, loose weight, and you can go higher.

Elite poles are a tad cheaper than SLX poles, but they are approx 10% heavier (It is noticable) and have a longer closed length. They are a little more rigid than the SLX range too, simply because the sections are slightly wider diameters.

I'd NEVER recommend a Brodex pole,.. a harris pole will do the job temporarily until you can afford a CLX,.. XTEL poles & HXTEL's are unchanged now for years & are pitiful when compared to more recent offerings in the same price range.

9. johnnyt

johnnyt Member

Firstly, I'm only looking at domestic market Belfastcleaning.Thing is ,I see a few people on this forum are finding that 27/28ft poles ain't bigger enough and are considering buying 36ft poles, Brodex being mentioned a few times.I have read the comments regarding the CLX series but don't see the point in splashing out on a CLX 27 only too find that you need another pole to reach that extra 10ft ! Well, not until the money starts to come in anyway.
    Secondly, thanks for the comment regarding other poles,especially the Brodex poles as quite a few forum members are in the process of ordering the Brodex 36ft'er for the reason I suggested at the start.

10. rcproperty

rcproperty Hero

90% of my domestic work is done by using a 18ft harris pole or 18ft unger aluminum pole.
    i have a 32ft pole for 4 story buildings!

Advertisement