Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Scratching windows

might sound daft but are you using a stiff brush i only work with soft for regular clean's and medium for new cleans.

another way this could be happening is you might lay you brush on the brickwork this will pick up some fragments.

if it is your brush head fit a barrier bumper or it maybe its time for a brand spanking new brush. 

Are you sure you are causing the scratches?

I've never managed to scratch glass with my brush

maybe the customer has noticed after a clean but was hard to see when it was dirty!

i had a customer long ago that tried tried it with me on a new clean, but she was there halfway through cleaning and showed her that the scratched were already there on the remaining glass.

just a thought.

Unless there's any sand from some cement that can scratch or there was an existing scratch out experience get is that the customer is always wrong

Sent from my iPhone using Window Cleaning Forums

This is where you need Public Liability Insurance.  We are in the middle of a dispute with someone who asked us to clean their windows, wouldn't let us do it until it suited them and then immediately accused us of scratching the glass.  We informed our insurance company and left it at that.  These people sent us several emails demanding we replaced their windows.  We replied saying it was all in the hands of the insurance company and if they declined the claim we wouldn't offer any separate compensation and if they weren't satisfied they'd have to sue the insurance company.

Just waiting for the insurance company's decision but not worried in the least.

Back