What's the highest paid?

Discussion in 'Water Fed Pole Cleaning' started by scrim it, Apr 3, 2014.

Advertisement
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums.
    Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

1. scrim it

scrim it Active Member

Just wondering what I the highest paid monthly window cleaning job you have heard off? Some one I know had a contract for £350 every two weeks.this was over 5 years ago. Any one heard of higher than this. It was a private hospital. I've a large head office to price and bit stuck on how to price it. High 3 storey with lot of glass. Got me thinking.

Advertisement
  2. Smurf

Smurf Banned

I'm not bothered what others are upto to be honest as you could win a million pound yearly contract but at the same time not make any gross profit.

3. scrim it

scrim it Active Member

I'm not worried what everyone else earns but was wondering what type of money is involved in some jobs. What would you all approx charge for this building on a monthly basis, a little less windows around the back but still a lot??
    3 storey but quite high.
    df.jpg

4. keir

keir Guru

Nice looking building, difficult to price from that pic though but by my reckoning theres best part of £300 in just the windows there, you say there's more round the back?

I just bagged a massive school which i start on monday, and i always look at the type of frames and the type seals fitted plus how easy access is as a factor of pricing. I spend at least half an hour walking around and imagine where i will be standing and where my hose will be running, where i need to park, where people traffic will be an issue, also garden area's and where car's parked or access they need.
    Its easy to walk round after hours then when you come to them there's thirty cars all in a row right where you thought you could stand!!!

Hope this helps a little

5. scrim it

scrim it Active Member

Thanks keir. Goods advice. I haven't used my pole that high before. It's higher than it looks. worried about the control of it.
    Would you rinse with the brush touching the glass at that height?
    Yea more windows around sides and back and was thinking minimum £450-£500 but couldn't imagine a company paying that out every month for window cleaning hence my original question. Also if the glass was hydrophilic that would help a lot.
    I work mainly on my own and was thinking it might be too big a job for one man and his pole.
    Any thoughts even on a price on what is shown in the photo. Click on photo to enlarge.
    Thanks for your help in advance.

6. Duncs

Duncs Grand Master

good reply keir makes you think

7. Duncs

Duncs Grand Master

hope you get the job looking at pic looks ideal to do
    looks high, there for rinse on glass for the high ones then when your lower rinse of glass how long do you think it would take to do
    what size poll have you got

8. Shiny

Shiny Forum Addict

Another thing to consider is when will you get paid, some large companies are known for wanting 90 days credit, so you may need to factor that in with your quote. If they pay when the job is completed thats fine, but if they want longer add it on to the price.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

9. Tuffers

Tuffers Hero

I'd clean it on a weekend if you got it. No cars parked = getting round quicker.

10. scrim it

scrim it Active Member

Thanks for the advice. I have a slx 30 so would need to get one or two extension poles to add on i think
    I was thinking it would take one person 2 days but not sure until you get started.

Advertisement