What's the most

Discussion in 'Gutter & Fascia Cleaning' started by Smurf, Dec 2, 2014.

Advertisement
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums.
    Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

1. Smurf

Smurf Banned

What's the most you have quoted to clear approx 5m gutter run on any easy access mid terraced front with one downspout?

Advertisement
  2. Smurf

Smurf Banned

Most will say they charge say £2 per metre which would = £20 or would maybe charge £25 per side... why?

3. seye

seye Forum Addict

I generally price on how long I think job will take plus a bit extra as there is always a snag you hit along the way you don't foresee. its ok pricing on size but if its crammed full as opposed to Just needing a general tidy up then for me its 2 different prices.
    Sent from my RM-976_1115 using Tapatalk

4. Smurf

Smurf Banned

Why I ask I had a chap phone me up and I gave him an estimate of £65 after looking on google maps to do that job over the phone which is now booked in. He is willing to pay £65 because he knows the job will be done safely and properly. Should take me no longer than 15 mins to do then on to the next one...Kerching :D

5. Tuffers

Tuffers Hero

£260 an hour pro rata :clap:

6. seye

seye Forum Addict

All that matters is that a quality job is done by a person that takes pride in his work and of course that customer is happy which he is with price so no probs. Also what I have learned is to price on the whole job from setting up equipment carrying out work and clearing up. Once you have finished Job and you feel it is overpriced you can adjust when job is done if you conscience is telling you to do that. Always better to over price then adjust.
    Sent from my RM-976_1115 using Tapatalk

7. Pickingpaul

Pickingpaul Forum Addict

I do very few gutters,i tend to just charge £25 and generally im prepared to spend up to an hor for that, but usually 30 mins

8. Smurf

Smurf Banned

Well I was not joking when I said there is good money to be made just clearing gutters but lets not forget is still a dangerous and dirty job so I price accordingly no matter how small the job is.;)

9. Eclipse

Eclipse Well-Known Member

I charge £25 per length on a normal sized terrace if they just want it scooped out and the down-spouts cleared, if they want the fascias, soffits and guttering cleaned as well I charge £50 per length.

10. TolishAPurd

I generally charge £5 per metre. For one side,easy access I would probably just ask £40.

Advertisement