What's the quickest way to remove paint splatter from glass?

Discussion in 'Traditional Window Cleaning' started by Smurf, May 3, 2015.

Advertisement
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums.
    Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

1. Smurf

Smurf Banned

Anyone found a good quick method to remove paint splatter from glass?

Advertisement
  2. Eviestevie

Eviestevie Grand Master

I just wet the window nice new blade in scraper comes of a treat takes minutes

3. Smurf

Smurf Banned

That's the way I normally would do it but was wondering if there was a quicker way as I have a job to do Monday with white paint splatters on about 40 separate dg units all on ground floor level.

I was thinking maybe to use a steamer to soften up the paint splatter then scrap if off rather than using solvents as most dg units are very bad. It looks like whoever painted the render walls white on the bungalow must have used a sprayer as it's bloody everywhere :rolleyes:

4. Eviestevie

Eviestevie Grand Master

I did a house that had overspray on from the neighbours who had there house sprayed bloody everywhere I used loads of soapy water usually mop all glass I'm doin new blade every window flat to glass usually 5 min a pain
    Don't use them bloody useless unger scrapers

5. Eviestevie

Eviestevie Grand Master

Smurf I find the paint comes off easier when hard when use solvent which I hate it makes it smudge over the glass makes the paint almost wet

• Informative Informative x 1
    • List
  6. daveyboy

daveyboy Legend

I give the glass a thorough scrub and squeegee off then give a good soaping and scrape whole window while wet
    Soap and squeegee again job done
    Takes a couple of minutes

7. boarcity

boarcity Guest

the 6 inch ninja scraper has a really nice grip . if you have a lot of scraping to do you can change the angle on it,save your wrist getting tired ninja.jpg

they come fitted with a carbon steel blade which is the sharpest you can get though you can buy stainless blades they arent as sharp

• List
  8. boarcity

boarcity Guest

#8 boarcity, May 3, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: May 3, 2015
    tip 002.jpg triumph.jpg another 6 incher with a useful comfy grip is the triumph mk3 , although you cannot change the angle , i like this scraper equally as well as the ninja 6 incher

its possibly better made than the ninja [the blade slide certainly is] altho its a close ran thing i think id pick the ninja if i had a long job to do

• List
  9. Smurf

Smurf Banned

Cowboys using paint sprayers should be shot.

Funny you mention that as I could only find my silly small unger scraper and new pack of 100 blades so I just popped out to screwfix as we don't have a good trad supplier near me to get a good 6 incher in time for the job tomorrow.

Anyhow I got a couple of these instead fitted with a carbon blade
    http://www.screwfix.com/p/no-nonsense-window-scraper-3/56292

Plus some packs of blades which happen to be carbon blades too :)
    http://www.screwfix.com/p/no-nonsense-window-scraper-3/56292

To be honest for how cheap they are I was quite impressed as the blade is retractable and also very easy to change the blades. Even though it's made of plastic has a good rubber type handle so nice to grip.

10. Smurf

Smurf Banned

Thanks for the info lads :thumbsup:

Advertisement