Whats your most popular way of gaining new customers?

Discussion in 'Advertising Offline/Online & Canvassing' started by Haz, May 13, 2016.

Advertisement
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums.
    Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

1. Haz

Haz Member

how are u gaining new customers? Whats your best formula?

Mine is word of mouth lately, i cant wait to gain more customers !! :)

I am planning on canvassing soon so hopefully that will serve me well

Advertisement
  2. adamangler

adamangler Wakefield Window Warrior

Paying a canvassing company is the way I'm going. Works out expensive and can be a bit hit and miss but in the long run its quicker and saves a load of hassle doing it yourself, posting leaflets and endless fb ads

3. peter rogers

peter rogers Grand Master

Canvassing for me

4. Markyboy 50

Walk ups for me. I never canvass. If they approach you then they prob want a windy. If you approach them then the take up rate will prob be low coz if they wanted a cleaner they would have one by now.

5. Adams0211

Adams0211 Guru

I've got a steady flow of new customers coming from the odd Facebook post and word of mouth.

I got a new van a few months back and had it sign written and that has made a massive difference. I'm constantly being approached by potential new customers as I'm working. I keep a four or five business cards tucked into both of my mobile phone cases and have to replenish them almost every day.

Sent from my iPhone using Window Cleaning Forums mobile app

6. Njones

Njones Well-Known Member
    Supplier

Word of mouth is always best.
    I got a lot of work from ppl who told me they got my number off my van too - signwriting paid for itself almost instantly. :)

7. PJ Bullard

PJ Bullard Active Member

I agree with signwriting the van. I have a sign written van and people get my number from it or they put notes on my windscreen saying 'will you pop over to us once your done and give me a price'.

Other than that, just get your walking boots on and hit the pavement. If you've got free time just canvass, canvass, canvass

8. adamangler

adamangler Wakefield Window Warrior

I get next to nothing from walk ups. Had maybe 5 in a year. Signed up van. Just loads of windys round here I think

9. matt18

matt18 Member

doing a constantly good job, leads to natural growth these are the best customers too.

10. Haz

Haz Member

business from Sign writing is on the decline due to that many window cleaning vans in your area all getting signed up. But its all about time... if your at the right place at the right time it can pay off ;)

Advertisement