Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Hi from Spain

Status
Not open for further replies.
Been reading the threads for sometime so thought I'd join and be part of the forum.

Ex fire service retired to Spain, Alicante area. Started cleaning windows back in 1980 with a couple of older guys on my watch and been doing it on and off since.

Bought a place here a few years ago and family moved out 10 years ago, I retired 6 years ago and joined them full time.

Helped a guy out cleaning windows two years ago, first day was 35oC in the shade and wondered what the hell I was doing but carried on till the end of summer. Was paid 7 euro an hour, yeah a joke, especially as he couldn't drive. Jacked it in late Oct then got a few calls and stated on my own last March.

Apart from the heat, the glare and the bars or "rejas" on the windows to keep the robbers out plus the fact a huge amount of properties are holiday homes I've got a little round going and can earn a reasonable amount.

The bad part, no not a joke is the red tape in starting a business, paying you social sercurity, 280 euro before any tax you pay and people expecting to pay 5 euro for a large 4 bed villa couple with a terrace with 10 glass curtains included. So 14 windows, patio doors and the curtains.

Thankfully there are many Scandinavians out here who understand the same as many Brit expats.

Will post stuff if people are interested, price of equipment, tds readings, techniques or any thing else.

Just ask.

Tim
Hi Tim I'd like to hear more

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back