What's your winters like for work?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat & Introductions' started by Legend, Aug 7, 2015.

Advertisement
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums.
    Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

1. Legend

Legend Member

Am just about to quit my job and the window cleaning is getting really busy,am I doing the right thing?so confused lol

Advertisement
  2. Jacob

Jacob Guest

your gut have to tell you if it right or not, but you are good going if already got customers.

For me i went down the windowcleaning route 5 months ago after being ill for over 6 months then losing my job. Glad i did it, bad days comes by too but good days in this business ways up the few bad.

• Like Like x 4
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • List
  3. Legend

Legend Member

Yeah it's a great job but my major concern is will customers still want me in the winter

4. Danfire

Danfire Well-Known Member

My round is no different winter or summer, just more days that can get rained, iced or snowed off.

5. adamangler

adamangler Wakefield Window Warrior

i stated last november and whilst winter is more unpleasant i didnt lose a single custy.

6. cheapncheerful

its just the same but more intense as the days get shorter and you struggle to fit it all in..

I think we all come on here more to moan about the weather...:rofl:

• Like Like x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
    • List
  7. boarcity

boarcity Guest

#7 boarcity, Aug 8, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 8, 2015
    theres no let up in the demand in Winter. heres a tip-if anyone comes out saying "ooo no, its raining/snowing/looks like rain ,miss me out this time" turn on your heel, say nothing , and Never Ever not EVER go back.

because that type of fickle customer will continue to let you down, next time itll be "miss me out in March love "

actually that sort never says love

the time spent at that customers house could have been better spent doling out more flyers [that you carry with you at all times,already stashed in a little bag ] ,so go and Do it immediately or door knocking the next street,thats what i do

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
    • List
  8. Green Pro Clean Ltd

Whilst Boars is correct do not confuse the wasters with the one that wants to be missed in March cause she is on vacation for a month.

I say always enquire why they want it missed and if a BS excuse follow boars advice to the letter.

In eight years I have only known one winter so harsh it cost me a months work so I can not complain and whilst the cold can e biting in the winter I have always found more days lost in spring and summer due to rain than winters.

9. boarcity

boarcity Guest

which one was it ? i can remember being skint , i had 3 weeks at home in January . was it A- 2010
    B- 2011 c- 2012 d-2013 e- all of them

10. 2009/2010 was evil. Iced in for three weeks. Minus 17c!!
    The following winter was pretty bad too.

Advertisement