Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Wheelie Bin Cleaning Starting Up

Irelandwindows

Hi, I'm based in Ireland. I had a window cleaning business. But unfortunately due to severe tennis elbow I'm having to try something else.

I am looking for advice on type of van and how to set up the rig either inside a bigger van or a small van and trailer. I want to put the set up together myself.
Looking for advice on setting up the equipment and advice on how to build up the business .

Advice on power washer to get also be brilliant.

Love this place and would really appreciate some advice.

Thanks ?

Last edited:
I clean wheelie bins each week for my neighbours. I found the first time I used my PW with turbo nozzle I got soaked but the bins were spotless. Now I just use my outside hose, quick spray and empty out at the drain and then spray some hypo with scent added from a 3 litre spray bottle. Sometimes the bins are clean so I just give them a spray. Its a good business but you need to work out if you are taking them out or just putting them back in which seems to be the norm now.

I think you miss read what I said , I think you have to contain the dirty water due to the contamination in it it cannot be put down a drain , it’s classed as hazardous waist .
Maybe down south but up here all goes into the gutter. We have a big problem up here as we don't have any staff to police stuff like that.

Back