Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

When do you collect?

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Most of my customers pay online. I send a reminder after seven days.

Sent from my iPhone using Window Cleaning Forums mobile app

Not collected since 2001....

A few old dears leave the money on the cill, others send cheques and the rest pay online or by pingit.

It does mean it can be months between getting the money but as long as they pay I can live with that.

Good luck with your new venture - I've no doubt you'll find its a great job

Sent using the Window Cleaning Forums app

Last edited by a moderator:
I try to keep it to a Friday, if it's in different areas over the week I would go another night aswell

Not collected since 2001....A few old dears leave the money on the cill, others send cheques and the rest pay online or by pingit.

It does mean it can be months between getting the money but as long as they pay I can live with that.

Good luck with your new venture - I've no doubt you'll find its a great job

Sent using the Window Cleaning Forums app
I'm with u mate. Never collect. Couldn't waste a moment of my life collecting what I've already earned!

Nope, me too. Friday night is the second best night of the week and I'm buggered if I'm going to spend it door knocking.

Online, cheques or cash. Any customer that insist I come back for payment, its adios from me

Never collect, clean and leave a card. Cheques arive in the post every day. Most pay by bacs. Few that don't I just leave it till next clean. waste of my time and fuel to go back over the round collecting.

I'm with u mate. Never collect. Couldn't waste a moment of my life collecting what I've already earned!
Amen to that!

I've worked hard enough through glaring sun the rain & frost - I'm not going to spend my spare time collecting money for work I've already done.

If im not on the ladder then its me time!:thumbsup:

fri / sat.

ive found that inner town folk have no idea about online banking, near all my outer town customers are more on the ball, bacs, some have requested bank cheque books from bank so they can now pay using a cheque.

some folk never knew what a cheque book was.

i dont mind collecting, a few fit babes on my rounds. still waiting for that bath robe or towel to drop when they are trying to pay me.:whistle::whistle::666:[delusional][delusional]:wow:

If it's a big Connie or gutter fascias clean il go back to collect. Normal window clean cash left out side in my hand check pay on line don't mind which but I'm not going back to collect.

Never collect, those that cant pay by bacs, go cardless, paypal, cheque or leave money out are not customers for very long. I do have 2 or 3 thats the exception, those being old people who 9 times out of 10 are in and on the rare occasion they are not i will collect next time i see them or when passing.

Never collect, those that cant pay by bacs, go cardless, paypal, cheque or leave money out are not customers for very long. I do have 2 or 3 thats the exception, those being old people who 9 times out of 10 are in and on the rare occasion they are not i will collect next time i see them or when passing.
that would be ideal getting all your coin in

you have to have gd system for your records ,not everyone will remind you that the owe you for previous paymens twxts

It's very simple on George. I check my accounts daily to see who's paid. Anyone over 3 days ago gets a text reminder then 1 Everday until they pay. If they don't pay before there next due or contact t me with a valid reason I put them on hold and call round to see what the crack is when I'm on the round anyway. If no one's in or I still can't get it touch they get a letter requiring payment within 14 days or go to small claims at this point they are dumped also.

Back