Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

When i come on this forum i get.....

harunh

JELOUS ! /emoticons/sad.png Lol !

Why ? Because i just want to start tarding as soon as possible.... but i still have to pass my driving test ! Ive learnt so much in the past 2 months about window cleaning its unbelievable i read all the posts that people post on the forum.... yesterday i learnt what a aqua dapter is ! i will be getting one of these for my slx pole /emoticons/wink.png haha

I love reading storys when people go out canvassing and they pick up loads of customers /emoticons/smile.png It makes me happy i just cant wait to get out their.... im on here quiet a lot and other WC forums.... but ive gathered this is a friendly place compared to most forums out their.... the people on CIU think their know it all..... and brag about their earnings..... No person who is in business should brag about their earnings.... keep that professionalism ! !

Ive designed a business card a poster and t shirts and getting hoodies done /emoticons/smile.png/emoticons/biggrin.png

I will be shotting posters up in local takeaways of where i trade. it will look really appealing... while some one is waiting for their food they will think hmm.... lets give this window cleaning a try. lol

im only 21 years old people but i hate college or uni i can never study... i never have completed a piece of homework in my entire life accept a few maths homework i enjoyed maths at school for some reason /emoticons/wacko.png :S lmaoo.. but my father is always on my back saying what are you doing with yourself ? i work 2 days a week in a taxi call centre.. he says to me get a proper job.... and always makes me feel bad ect.... i havent told him about this WC forum i will just shock everyone and prove them wrong lol !

Im planning on doing a 10,000 leaflet drop in my first 2 weeks of trading. Im going to get my brother to do it with me.... am going to be out 24-7 canvassing. I will also be door knocking a lot..... my area does not have many wfp cleaners..... it has a very few... and most of them are about 20 miles away.... and with a load of houses getting built everywhere i can see myself getting loads of work... also over the road from me is a tesco opening in a few months time.... not a tesco express... the big big tesco !

how could i approach them to do their cladding and window cleans ? /emoticons/biggrin.png

You'll get there buddy, just keep working hard! prove em all wrong. Just dress up smart, act the business! Speak to someone high up and get chatting to them, I'm sure you'll firgure it out /emoticons/smile.png

JELOUS ! /emoticons/sad.png Lol !

Why ? Because i just want to start tarding as soon as possible.... but i still have to pass my driving test ! Ive learnt so much in the past 2 months about window cleaning its unbelievable i read all the posts that people post on the forum.... yesterday i learnt what a aqua dapter is ! i will be getting one of these for my slx pole /emoticons/wink.png haha

I love reading storys when people go out canvassing and they pick up loads of customers /emoticons/smile.png It makes me happy i just cant wait to get out their.... im on here quiet a lot and other WC forums.... but ive gathered this is a friendly place compared to most forums out their.... the people on CIU think their know it all..... and brag about their earnings..... No person who is in business should brag about their earnings.... keep that professionalism ! !

Ive designed a business card a poster and t shirts and getting hoodies done /emoticons/smile.png/emoticons/biggrin.png

I will be shotting posters up in local takeaways of where i trade. it will look really appealing... while some one is waiting for their food they will think hmm.... lets give this window cleaning a try. lol

im only 21 years old people but i hate college or uni i can never study... i never have completed a piece of homework in my entire life accept a few maths homework i enjoyed maths at school for some reason /emoticons/wacko.png :S lmaoo.. but my father is always on my back saying what are you doing with yourself ? i work 2 days a week in a taxi call centre.. he says to me get a proper job.... and always makes me feel bad ect.... i havent told him about this WC forum i will just shock everyone and prove them wrong lol !

Im planning on doing a 10,000 leaflet drop in my first 2 weeks of trading. Im going to get my brother to do it with me.... am going to be out 24-7 canvassing. I will also be door knocking a lot..... my area does not have many wfp cleaners..... it has a very few... and most of them are about 20 miles away.... and with a load of houses getting built everywhere i can see myself getting loads of work... also over the road from me is a tesco opening in a few months time.... not a tesco express... the big big tesco !

how could i approach them to do their cladding and window cleans ? /emoticons/biggrin.png
I used to go on CIU and thought exactly the same. Also I'm a trady and I found all they did was knock tradys

Because they were wfp they thought we were the paupers. You get things said like come out of the stone age or soon you will see sense and get proper gear. You wfp guys are totally different and it's a pleasure talking with you all. On here everyone treats everyone the same and it's brill.

Somewhere like Tesco is going to need to see public liability ins and probably a health and safety assessment as well. We had to do one for cineworld, light be a good idea to have them ready before approaching, they're useful to have anyway and they'll take you more seriously

no rush fella imo

last year i wanted to go on my own around may time but found a job on the windows with wfp and thought it be a good chance to get a good feel for te business how its run getting work ect

iv done it before but thought id need to freshen up lol so took that job and left 2 months before x-mas had 2 part time jobs after this which i still have and started myself on the windows 5 weeks ago now and got a few jobs and got a 2 year plan in place with few targets to hit ect

having the experience last year was great.

what do u do atm ?

If the windows are clean who cares how there done, trad or wfp along as its done safely /emoticons/biggrin.png

I currently work 2 days a week.... friday and saturdays just enough for me to live on and get by in life ! lol

i dont plan to do more days or less days /emoticons/smile.png i will keep this job when i start my business until i reach 100 customers /emoticons/smile.png

That way i will be more eager to reach 100 customers /emoticons/wink.png I work in a taxi call centre booking jobs through for people who order taxis

Also if i applyu for tesco they want to see public liability insurance..... but how do i approach them ? do i send them a letter with the address and put the name as ( manager) ? ? ?

cos its hard to get hold of the manager as he will never be in store lol

Its all about the approach ! /emoticons/wink.png lol

Hi Harunh, you need to find out if the budget and decision is held at the branch or whether its a head office job, if you give me the details of the store, I can give them a buzz if you like? As long as not in one of my clients areas /emoticons/wink.png

I wouldn't worry about getting places like Tesco's. Do you have any idea how hard they screw down they're suppliers?? I'd concentrate on getting regular, smaller, customers. Also, you do need experience to cope with the demands that a big customer will make. You have to be absolutely sure you can do it and not get it wrong. If you do c*** it up, you've blown it big time. Also, do some research on what it means to have all your eggs in one basket. Loads of smaller customers are better than 1 or 2 big ones.

Ref homework and study etc. These guys (managers, buyers,etc) HAVE done their homework. They didn't get to do the job by bluff and bluster. They know their stuff. They will also be contacted regularly by people wanting to do their shop. Look at their windows. Do they need doing? I'd be surprised if they did. Somebody will be already in - probably big contractor dealt with by head office.

But hey, don't let me put you off. Give it a go. Let us know how it went.

Vito is right keep loads of small customers if one or two go you wont notice, if a big regular contract comes along later go for it. lots of eggs in lots of baskets.

Latest Posts

Back