When Is A Good Time To Put Your Prices Up?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat & Introductions' started by koopmaster, Dec 12, 2012.

Advertisement
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums.
    Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

1. koopmaster

koopmaster Guru

simple question, when is a good time to put your prices up?

I have been running for a year from next month so I was thinking of doing it in June.

For those guys that have already done it, do you do a blanket update or per job

I was thinking of doing £2 a job for those that are front and back and a £1 for those that are fronts.

considering that all the big companies are putting their prices up by 20% this year, including virgin... buggers....

Advertisement
  2. rcproperty

rcproperty Hero

theres never a good time to put them up.
    there is always the guys out there that still do jobs on the cheap. i've done it myself, to get a customer, asked what they are paying and either beat it by £1 if the price is right or just offer a little more to the service and keep the same price.

3. chip

chip Guru

Ooh! Rc you snake!
    Summers probably best time, sunshine makes people happier and the gas bills are cheaper!

4. CNS-southwest

CNS-southwest Grand Master

. Agreed

5. M.K Cleaners.co.uk

M.K Cleaners.co.uk Grand Master

I put some up 1st December. Will be putting the rest up April.

6. rcproperty

rcproperty Hero

lol its all business! lol

7. A.K WINDOWS

id stay away from new year rises as everyone is skint wait till june/july,to behonest i wouldnt put prices up for the next few years as everybody is on the recession band wagon and the rise of window cleaners.you will lose custom no matter how good you are.

just been on my local estate spoke to a guy i know who runs the chippy i went in for a butty said hes had 6 windys come in last week looking for work and canvasing.

just be carefull mate £2 is a big jump too.

8. M.K Cleaners.co.uk

M.K Cleaners.co.uk Grand Master

You will lose customers, there no doubt about it. If you put them up enough you should cover the customers you lose and still make profit. Even if you break even its not all bad, your working less for the same money.

Just do the numbers before you put them up.

9. mark m

mark m Hero

Spring time let people get over the expense of christmas

10. jimbob

jimbob Well-Known Member

I would be a bit wary about putting prices up after only 18 months of trading, bare in mind some of them customers you might of only been cleaning a few months like a.k said thers a lot of windys about I see more new ones every week and houses are getting canvassed all the time the only reason I would put them up if you've bought the work and its really underpriced but id still be carful

Advertisement