Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Putting line x over ply

WCF

Help Support WCF:

slippy

If my engine hasn't blown up from putting petrol in it was going to get it line x.  I have ply around wheel arches and the guy recommended putting line x over the ply.  Thought most people put it underneath then the ply back over it?  He also said best to line x over ply on the floor.  I was going to get it put straight on the metal then throw some ply over that.  Gripper tank etc put it straight on metal.  Think the ply protects the van. 

If my engine hasn't blown up from putting petrol in it was going to get it line x.  I have ply around wheel arches and the guy recommended putting line x over the ply.  Thought most people put it underneath then the ply back over it?  He also said best to line x over ply on the floor.  I was going to get it put straight on the metal then throw some ply over that.  Gripper tank etc put it straight on metal.  Think the ply protects the van. 

The reason why Grippa tell you to put the tank down on the metal floor is that ply eventually will get saturated with water and start to disintegrate as it rots.

It also allows the van floor to breath so damp from the tank or any spills can evaporate. Water trapped under ply will just start to make the van smell damp which will be even worse when the wood starts to rot.

I would follow Grippa's advice.

Latest Posts

Back