When is the best time of year for a price increase

Discussion in 'Chit Chat & Introductions' started by colinvansmith, Dec 14, 2011.

Advertisement
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums.
    Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

1. I put my prices up this year in January some by 50p some by £1 however a few customers cancelled on me. When do you guys think is the best time to increase prices i was thinking possibly in the spring time as most people are fairly skint in January/February after chrimbo etc.

Advertisement
  2. laddergarder

I put a few up a couple of months ago that where due a price increase, I prob wouldn't do it just before Christmas, but over the summer is prob a good time, if there is a better time to do it.

I generally only ever increase prices by 50p a year though. I don't increase every job either, just low priced ones or jobs that I feel are a little under priced.

3. badbusdriver

badbusdriver Guest

In this economic climate, we need to think very carefully about such things!, but personally i would say spring through to autumn. That way, post-xmas money worries should have past, and pre-xmas worries havnt started yet!.

4. A.K WINDOWS

for me with the state of this country as we speak i wouldnt increase prices for the next 10 years lol.

5. better little but often rather than leaving it too long and having to increase them way too much in one go i reckon

6. laddergarder

foxgeorge are you a window cleaner?

7. lol, i was thinking the same thing

8. Gav

Gav Grand Master
    Administrator

Hmm not sure could be a spamming bot but can't tell are you fox?

9. mark44

mark44 Guest

10. Richard

Richard Forum Addict

Work your prices all the time – throughout the entire year and every year until you reach your limits of your service and what your customer’s accepts.

Basically you don’t stop with prices - until you have what you want or have what you have set out to achieve

Use your own discretion with the timing when you tell your customers.

Advertisement