When Its Dark

Discussion in 'Traditional Window Cleaning' started by CNS-southwest, Oct 15, 2012.

Advertisement
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums.
    Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

1. CNS-southwest

CNS-southwest Grand Master

Just a thought as the days draw in, there is of course less daylight, so for those of you have have big schedules, do you clean windows when it gets dark at like 4pm or do you just only clean when it's light?

Advertisement
  2. A.K WINDOWS

i finish before rush hour everyday notbothered about light lol i hate traffic

3. Belfastcleaning

Belfastcleaning Grand Master

Start later finish early

I once had an old fella complain, what the f u cleaning windows in the dark for! Wasn't like I could see fs was prob about 4:30pm, he also moanedwhen I came at 9:30, why the f you cleaning so early for!! After that I never went back ignorant git

4. rcproperty

rcproperty Hero

i try to start around 8:30am on domestic work, then work till i can. commercial can be done before that no problems

5. CNS-southwest

So basically you just start later and finish earlier lol

6. rcproperty

rcproperty Hero

Yer sounds about right! Lol

7. Dodger

Dodger Hero

Just don't get so many custies that you can't get them done in daylight Dave, not a problem for me at the mo but keeping it in mind.

8. John B

John B Active Member

As long as I earn enough I won't worry about the winter days being shorter. If I need to catch up, I'll work a couple of hours on Saturday afternoons.

John

9. laddergarder

Over the summer we working longer over less days, and over the winter we work shorter shifts over more days. But yes we work around it to avoid working in the dark. I have done before though, and a few customers I have like their windows cleaned inside and out, and don't get home till 5pm, so they still get done after 5 regardless.

As previously said, commercials when ever though, 4am if they want it then, thats fine with me :)

10. CNS-southwest

Lol, do you find it hard to see if you missed any bits???

Advertisement