Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Anybody know about builders cleans?

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Absolute pain I.m.o. Did them when I started out and hated them. You have to be careful as well on things like refer and cement on patio and bi folding doors. These large pieces of glass have a 'film' over them and if you get it wrong they will scratch

Probably best to leave them alone. I done one last week. I booked it for a day and a half but ended up taking me 3 days to complete! Absolutely killed myself doing it too. If you take it on go high on the price and make sure you check the pvc for excess paint, plaster or render because that's what take the time to remove.

Sent using the Window Cleaning Forums app

I spoke to the contracts manager today on site and he wants a price to clean each house from top to bottom inside and the windows, doors, porches, conservatories where supplied

Work done just prior to the units release.

There are two developments with approx 100 units per site that are going up now with more in the pipeline.

I think I want a day rate price to do this cos I could come unstuck.

The only good thing is I can leave cards, stickers etc with the homeowner as they move in.

Back there tomorrow to jetwash some dirty brickwork so I'll try to find out more

From what I read from posts, this is hard graft and remember you are stuck in one location, doing continuous work, unlike window cleaning, you can sometimes get a break when you move from one bit to another, so you are working more and more intensely. My wife done builders cleans before and said they were hard graft, and as said you do three cleans, big clean, middle clean and sparkle. £40 per hour in my opinion to keep yourself right and not per house. Up to you though. I went to a chiropractor today charged me £34 for 10 minutes time, spent about 3 mins off actually working on me and they only working 2 hours today, £136 per hour at least, not bad.

Back