Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Technique

francie

Another newbie question on technique?

Whats your technique?

Do you keep water on constantly when cleaning window, then lift the brush of an rinse?

Or

Turn water on intermitedly while brushing window, an then rinse?

Just trying to find out, how yous pros do it.

Thanks lads

I leave the water on while I'm scrubbing and then rinse. You'll find that you will need to rinse less if you do it that way because you're kind of rinsing while you're scrubbing if that makes sense. Then it's just a quick rinse and you're done.

When I started I was buying my water and using a backpack and drums and doing everything I could to save water. Looking back, it was slowing me down and I probably wasn't doing the best job I could do.

These days I have my flow high and get round quicker and do a better job. Half the time I don't even turn the water off between windows. I may use more water but I get round quicker and clean more houses meaning more money.

This is the best technique to start with until you get used to it and maybe rinse on the glass on all windows like i do

[media]

[/media]

This is the best technique to start with until you get used to it and maybe rinse on the glass on all windows like i do[media]

Only two passes over the glass though. No need for five or six unless the glass is absolutely caked in muck.

How you getting on with the 35cm @Adams0211 ?

You'll have to try it with my swivel during the week when you next fancy a doss lol

I also don't rinse either of the ways in the vid..i have a high flow and rinse on my own way

How you getting on with the 35cm @Adams0211 ?You'll have to try it with my swivel during the week when you next fancy a doss lol
Not too bad mate. Still find myself going back to a small brush with fan jets though. I used it for my last few jobs today. I don't rinse like the video either.

i scrub top frame, rinse it, then go over rest of frame, by then its usually stopped dripping, scrub glass, as above 2/3 passes, rinse, quick once over on sills (I do use a will brush) next window. Keep water on about 75% flow. Getting univalve soon, will then knock it off between windows but I don't bother now. That way works well for me on 1st cleans too, just scrub a bit more with some degreaser if its caked in crud.

I scrub the top frame but never bother to let it stop dripping..if it is clean there is no issue..if i do above the frame then i wil wait

Back