When Someone Says Oh Your A Window Cleaner?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat & Introductions' started by rshorland, Oct 13, 2012.

Advertisement
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums.
    Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

1. rshorland

rshorland Member

Hi Guys,

I had a chap the other day asking me what i did for work and when i said i was a window cleaner they replied back with "oh" as if it was a bad thing.
    So i replied by saying i was my own boss i go out of the house and the pay is way better than many other jobs around, im not complaining.

Why does no one realize its actually a great job to have?

Also what is the best part of window cleaning for you guys??

Advertisement
  2. Dodger

Dodger Hero

As above mate and yeah I've got the same a couple of times, best part for me is the outdoors and no stress.

3. Belfastcleaning

Belfastcleaning Grand Master

No stress dodger? I seem to be stressed out all the time lol

The best part of window cleaning is getting paid!

4. All Round Cleaning

All Round Cleaning Grand Master

It's just pure ignorange thats all .

5. Dodger

Dodger Hero

Yeah getting paid is good lol, compared to the other job mate this is stress free.

And I don't have to 'perform' every time I go to work just do a good job.

6. A.K WINDOWS

easy and stress free,id rather them not know how well it can pay or else everyone will be at it;)

7. Richard

Richard Forum Addict

It might be because window cleaning is menial work. Some people might think its cash in hand and your defrauding the benefit system; typically though Joe public might have a perception that window cleaning as a job is at the lower end of the pay scale, partly true.

I think it still applies legally that when you are cleaning a residential properties windows you’re classed as a servant, not many will know that one, although I like to point that out to some rude people, just before I tell them what I earn – there face is a picture when they find out they earn a lot less than a servant.

I don’t think of it as a great job; I do think its a great business to operate. The best part is the challenge of the actual building of the business, being competitive and raising the hourly rate doing the same work but for more money, that is a skill…..

Richard

8. Dodger

Dodger Hero

I'm with you on that one..

9. All Round Cleaning

All Round Cleaning Grand Master

Yeah tell me about you get some right feckin eeeejits coming into the trade !

10. A.K WINDOWS

you get these lazy to$$ers start doing it and cant do it as there too lazy to climb ladders too much like hard work for them i say easi work but im fit and fly up and down all day long,they cant keep the pace and pace is everything in this game couple that with quality work they cant do it!pace is what they need and drive most people want cash for doing nothing,i climb up do the job and then the next one i love it just need more!!

Advertisement