Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Pole hose - U in or Out??...

Clearview Lee

Hi!

What are the advantages and disadvantages of having the pole hose going through the pole and popping thru the little hole available, and having the hose outside of the pole to hang freely??

I've always had mine inside, but most YouTube videos I seem to look at have the hose on the outside making it look more messy to me.

Thanks in advance [emoji106]

Sent using the Window Cleaning Forums mobile app

Hi!

What are the advantages and disadvantages of having the pole hose going through the pole and popping thru the little hole available, and having the hose outside of the pole to hang freely??

I've always had mine inside, but most YouTube videos I seem to look at have the hose on the outside making it look more messy to me.

Thanks in advance [emoji106]

Think it's an American thing to have the hose in the outside. Never seen any of the other window cleaners locally doing it.
Would imagine it would get caught on stuff and do your head in. It's bad enough snagging the reel hose !![emoji23]

I like the hose on the outside 

Instant control of water with the green pu hose as i can hold it in my hand and kink to turn off and on instantly

When working with a trolley it is amazing how much water i can save between windows etc without trying to pull univalve on and off etc or use a tap

Never need to dismantle pole to clean grit out etc 

I use a old pole to spray gutters with tfr mix and have hose on the outside it gets caught on stuff easily, So their is no way I could clean windows with hose on outside it would be a nightmare. 

Hi!

Thanks in advance
emoji106.png

I couldn't get on with it on the outside, but try it for yourself.  It's relatively easy to do.  It might work for you but you will never know unless you try.

Inside definitely imo. If you turn it upside down and loosen the claps after a days work and then pour soapy water down the pole whilst twisting it, you won't have to dismantle it to clean it ever.

One of mine is three years old and it's never been dismantled 

Inside definitely imo. If you turn it upside down and loosen the claps after a days work and then pour soapy water down the pole whilst twisting it, you won't have to dismantle it to clean it ever.

One of mine is three years old and it's never been dismantled 
mines tubeless, so I just extend it lying down, connect jg fitting on backpack yo brush end and bang backpack on full, whilst twisting sections. I've never dismantled mine either

Latest Posts

Back