Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

800 Quid For a New Steering Rack!

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Tuffers

My van has got what I thought was an oil leak. Well I had to take today off to get it to the garage to be looked at. They say the steering rack needs replacing along with a couple of pipes. Total cost is £800 :eek:. Any mechanics on here to confirm this is the kind of price for this job? Labour comes to £240 which is in with the £800, the cheapest rack they could find was £275 inc VAT, Citroen wanted £900 for a rack apparently!

hope ya get er sorted soon and for half a days pay :thumbsup:
Booked in for a week tomorrow norm. I will be carrying an oil tray around until then. Half a day's pay would be nice at £37.50, but hey ho :whistle:

i drove my van when the steering pump was leaking untl i was driving and i could hardly turn the wheel round the corners :rolleyes: then got er fixed

whats their labour rate? its been a few years since i was a mechanic but the longest itd take to change a power rack on anything was 3 hours

Back